woke up with pains in my ribs

sueh81

Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
Well I didn't actually wake up with the pains - the pains woke me up at 5am this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep! It was like in my ribcage under my left boob, it's eased off a bit now but when I lie down it comes back, anyone else getting this?? I don't really entertain the idea of sleeping like a vampire just yet!!! lol

me! Apparently rib pain happens often when you get to third tri, for me I've had them for the past few weeks. It's because all your organs are pushed upwards and your ribcage has to expand to fit everything in. Try stretching upwards with your hands in the air to try and relieve some of the pressure. I read on some websites that either a hot or cold compress to the area can help.

It gets really uncomfortable for me after I've had a large meal.

Its so annoying waking up with aches and pains everywhere instead of waking up refreshed and ready to face the world :(

thanks hun i'll give them both a go!! anything to ease the pain to get a good nights sleep!! I'd already been up twice before that for wee's lol!! x

I've woken up in the past week with heartburn, back ache, rib pain and leg cramp. I sound like a right moany old woman!

lol don't we all!!
I'm not even gonna start on my leg pains!! I'd be here til next christmas lol!! :haha:

Okay I may regret saying this... but besides breast pain, and severe itching on my tummy... I'm okay. I think I would trade the itchiness for a leg cramp because this is driving me nuts... at least the leg cramps go away right?

I have rib aches as well- PLUS I have really bad pain in my tailbone! It makes it so uncomftorable to sleep! Awww the joys of mommy-hood! LoL- Im hoping this aches and pains dont last till the end of the pregnancy???!!!

Okay I may regret saying this... but besides breast pain, and severe itching on my tummy... I'm okay. I think I would trade the itchiness for a leg cramp because this is driving me nuts... at least the leg cramps go away right?

I had terrible itchy belly but i started using the avent indulgent body cream and it got rid of it after using it twice a day everyday for a few weeks!

I had leg cramps before I got pregnant as i've suffered with sciatica for years so that's something i'm gonna have to live with I think!! I did see a chiropractor a few times which eased it up but it was costing a fortune!

i've been getting rib pains too, thought i was having a heart attack at first lol. I have it most of the day and mostly on my left side. it eases when i take my bra off or stretch. I cant lay on my left side because of it. I also have sciatica and bum pain so i cant lay on my back either. i wake up without fail every night. and every night without fail i shriek with frustration and wake up the dh lol. Hopefully it'll ease soon but im not holding my breath (although that does ease the rib pain lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->