Women who conceived after 8mths of ttc..

Anjali

Reaction score
Would you mind telling me how long it took you, your experience, how you held up during the wait, how you kept your sex life interesting, things you tried to help conceive, etc. We're at 7 or 8 months ttc, young and healthy, and honestly I didn't think it would take this long. It's getting sort of depressing but we're keeping our hopes up. Would love some of your thoughts and advice to get us through this time! :flower:

It took us 3 yeas and I won't lie, it took its toll on us. It's really bloody hard when it doesn't happen. There were problems with both of us but the overriding problem was DHs performance anxiety. We had great sex but he just couldn't ejaculate in me.

We have always had a somewhat "slow" sex life, but we both make the effort when it feels right. I became absolutely obsessed with TTC which wasn't healthy and I ended up on antidepressants after about 2.5 years of trying. It was important though that we made the effort to 1) always have fun during sex and 2) to have sex at times other than ovulation.

I would say to you, start to get the tests done now to see of anything is wrong - you're better off making informed plans. If there is a problem, remember there is no blame whatsoever, it just is what it is, and together find a way round it.

My husband didnt tell me for 2 years about his performance anxiety (I couldn't tell the difference!) and it was hard not t be angry with him but it must be such a difficult thing for a man t go through. We ended up going private for IUI but didn't actually get that far as the doctor at he private clinic advised we try at home insemination and this worked.

Talk to each other, laugh about it, if it gets you down then tell him and maybe start to let others close to you know you're having trouble conceiving.

Best of luck xxx

It took us 9 months!! That month, and the month before, I took mucinex 5 days before ovulation and the day of ovulation and the day after. I was told that this would give me better cm!! So, when I got pregnant, I attributed it to that!! We are however now trying to conceive our next baby... Month 3... Hoping for a bfp!!

It took us a year a year with our daughter. I was really messed up after coming off the pill and it took about 8 or so months for my cycles to get back to anything even resembling normal.

We got to the stage of having medical checks to see what was wrong. I had an ultrasound to check for PCOS (which was fine) and OH had semen analysis which was also fine thankfully. This was a huge relief but also kind of frustrating in a way because we couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong.

It got quite stressful and the sex became a bit planned and mechanical. We would almost argue about it because we were both so disappointed that nothing was happening.

I think as well as having irregular cycles and a short LP (once it was 7 days but it evened out to 10 days by the time I got pregnant), just going on CM and other signs wasn't enough for us. I started using OPKs and eventually BBT charting which told me I was getting positive OPKs up to 3 days before I ovulated so I'm sure we missed out by stopping DTD too soon (another symptom of being fed up with TTC!). Anyway, the month I did BBT we kept going an extra day or two than normal and it worked!

The girls in the LTTTC forum are really nice and a wealth of information. I know you're not long-term TTC but there's a lot of good information and support there. They were really nice to me.

Hi, it took us 11 months so I can understand your frustration.

I was very stressed about it even though DH was traveling 4 days/week for work and thus really disrupting our ttc schedule. I tried lots of things: vitex, progesterone cream, progesterone supplements from my doctor (for suspected short luteal phase), and a few other herbs. Nothing seemed to do much. I had a always had a regular cycle.

I totally jumped the gun thinking I was infertile (although I was 24, 5'3'', 105 pounds and totally healthy!), and I had an HSG done to see if my tubes were clear. They were. My doctor agreed to have me start clomid the next cycle. I stopped all the supplements, creams, etc because I was sick of them just not doing anything for me. Meanwhile, I did continue using my clear blue fertility monitor. I got pregnant the cycle after my HSG, after using the cbfm for the second month. I really highly recommend the cbfm. And having an HSG done, in addition to making sure your tubes are clear, is known to heighten your fertility for some time afterwards.

Not sure what combination of things worked, but that was my experience. Hope that gives you some hope! Best of luck xxx

We have been trying for 15 months but we are now in the process of IVF. With regards to having so much sex and trying to keep it interesting - well that can be tough. If we had to get naughty on a Friday or weekend - then great - wine, beer, cuddles, relaxation etc. But on a Tuesday night when hubby comes home late from work and just wants to sleep - well that's another matter. Try every 2 days and a little more over ovulation and what worked for me was not telling hubby that we had to do for the good of making the baba! Seduce him and just make him feel that it's that he is irresistible. It's a lot of pressure for men - I think we don't realise.

And importantly - get your blood tests done just to ensure that all is working well for you both.

And remember - the average it takes to conceive is a year!

There is no time limit when TTC. My first pregnancy took us 2 months to fall, we fell with twins nd they sadly passed away at full term shortly after birth. Our 2nd pregnancy we fell a few months after we lost our twins but we were NTNP, again we had a loss at 12 weeks. Our 3rd pregnancy took 7 cycles to conceive nd we had another loss at 9 weeks. Then our last loss was at 16+4 weeks which was triplets nd they took 3 cycles to conceive. It's now been 19 months since our last loss nd no BFP, so as u can c the time varies so much.

Just a side note: There is no medical issues with hubby nd I, we have had every test known to man.

Took us a year with baby no1. I think a lot of it was timing as my OH works shifts so i don't think we were always dtd at the right time. The month i got pregnant we dtd every day for a few days round the time when i could ovulate.

There is no time limit when TTC. My first pregnancy took us 2 months to fall, we fell with twins nd they sadly passed away at full term shortly after birth. Our 2nd pregnancy we fell a few months after we lost our twins but we were NTNP, again we had a loss at 12 weeks. Our 3rd pregnancy took 7 cycles to conceive nd we had another loss at 9 weeks. Then our last loss was at 16+4 weeks which was triplets nd they took 3 cycles to conceive. It's now been 19 months since our last loss nd no BFP, so as u can c the time varies so much.

Just a side note: There is no medical issues with hubby nd I, we have had every test known to man.

Oh wow im so sorry for all ur loses, that would b devastating :cry:

Weve been trying for 7months, we just try and mix things up in the bedroom, doing it in dif positions ect, evn ones i dont particularly like but it keeps dh happy so i deal with it :p just started doing opk tests just to make sure we are doing it at the right time. GL

Did anyone have better luck with morning sex vs. evening sex? Sort of in the same position as a lot of you.. hubby gets home after work and is tired, as am I, so we end up mostly having sex right before sleeping (and then passing out :sleep:). I'm starting to think that we're not yet pregnant because we have sex in the evenings and when we're too tired. But usually we start 3 days before ovulation, during, and two to three days after ovulation, every other day except during ovulation. I'm 24, 115lbs, and we're both totally healthy. Going to make hubby drop off his sperm for a checkup pretty soon. We really, really want this baby (as do all of you, I'm sure :flower:), but we had a prior adoption that we invested a year into that fell through, so we feel like we've been waiting forever. I always thought I'd get pregnant at the drop of a dime but surprisingly it's taken us this long and still nothing. Will be testing tomorrow though, so thinking positive thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->