Women who have 3 children (Your experience)

Awaiting3

Anxiously awaiting #3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I'm conducting a poll on the experience of a third labor and delivery as opposed to the first and second. Though I know every delivery is different and anything can happen, I want to look at the statistics to see what my chances might be for delivering my third daughter. Thanks to any ladies who take part in the poll!:flower:
Also, please feel free to share your third experience in the thread. I'd love to hear your story.

I'm a mummy on my third! haven't delivered yet though! x (haven't voted for this reason)

So far my first was the hardest as he was breech and i needed a c-section as they couldn't turn him, my second was head down and a nice 'easy' 9hour delivery. this time we are head down again so i'm hoping for the same xxx

Just peeking in from 2nd tri.

My hardest delivery was my 1st. Pushed forever and the epidural didn't work.
My second was quite easy. She was born within 16 minutes of pushing.
My third was horrible. I had pre-e and to make things worse, I ended up having a second degree tear. She was my biggest baby. I still wouldn't have thought I'd tear after delivering 2 babies already and never having a problem. My third was delivered by a doctor rather than a m/w though and she didn't massage the area as much as the m/w did though so that could've had something to do with it as well.... My contractions stopped all of the sudden as well and it just wasn't a nice experience all together. I swore she was going to be my last one. :)
Of course now I'm scared of tearing this time around again....

watching intently as im preggers with the third. Im hoping for swift delivery...dont want to jinx it though.

watching intently as im preggers with the third. Im hoping for swift delivery...dont want to jinx it though.

I know! I wish more women would chime in before this thread is way over on the second page! Surely a lot more ladies have had 3 babies! lol

My labour and delivery was really easy and quick with my third in fact the pushing part was non existant as she just shot out midwife had to catch her x

I've had 4 babies :) My first was definitely the hardest labour and delivery. Induction, drip, epidural (didn't work, fell out twice), ventouse delivery after 2 and half hours pushing.

2nd time around much easier and quicker, got my epidural, it worked and only pushed for about 20 mins. All together, 5 hours.

3rd time was a bit longer and harder than my second. Waters broke (3 weeks early), contractions started about 5 hours later, contractions started coming hard and fast for about 4 hours, then stopped! Had to go on a drip to regulate contractions, pushed for about 10 mins. Altogether (from waters breaking) 12 hours in labour.

4th baby defo the easiest and fastest, contractions started and and an hour and a half later, after about a minute of pushing he was here!

Thanks to the ladies who have voted and/or shared their experience. Let's hope a lot more follow your lead!!

My experiences:
1st: DS1: 15 hour labour (only 5 hours established labour; 1 hour pushing); 2nd degree tear - needed surgeon to repair - 8lbs 15oz.
2nd: DS2: 1 hour labour (didn't need to push - he shot out - lol) 1st degree tear no stitches 7lbs 6oz.
3rd: DD: 1.5 hour labour (5 minutes pushing). 1st degree tear no stitches 9lbs 6oz.

My third baby was only slightly harder to deliver - but she was a lot bigger!!:thumbup::happydance::flower:

It's been a few years since I had mine....

First labour - Around 18 hrs start to finish. Epidural

Second labour - An hour and a half start to finish. No pain relief.

Third labour - Around 12 hours. Gas and air.

Don't know if anyone else has found this but my childrens labours reflect their personalities and pace of life. :)

My oldest is a plodder, always has been, everything to be done at his pace and just so.

My second was a whirlwind from the minute he was born. Turned the house and routine on its head. And still does.

And my third, she was delivered with her hand in front of her face, which is what slowed down the labour. She never seems to get it quite right first time, needs patience and understanding, but she gets there in the end.

Love them all so much it hurts :D

It's been a few years since I had mine....

First labour - Around 18 hrs start to finish. Epidural

Second labour - An hour and a half start to finish. No pain relief.

Third labour - Around 12 hours. Gas and air.

Don't know if anyone else has found this but my childrens labours reflect their personalities and pace of life. :)

My oldest is a plodder, always has been, everything to be done at his pace and just so.

My second was a whirlwind from the minute he was born. Turned the house and routine on its head. And still does.

And my third, she was delivered with her hand in front of her face, which is what slowed down the labour. She never seems to get it quite right first time, needs patience and understanding, but she gets there in the end.

Love them all so much it hurts :D

Yes! I have to agree...my girls' deliveries most definitely mirror their personalities!! Never really thought about it!

I voted as my mum lol her 3rd was worst and she has laboured 5x though 5th time was early still born so wasnt pleasant at all :( but the 3rd was by far her worse and 3day labour.

1st = 3 Day back to back labour ending in forceps and bad cut
2nd = 12 hour back to back labour very hard getting him out
3rd = 1 hour 40 min labour perfect position :).

But i think it varies coz i am now on bubs number 4 and he is back to back and going to go overdue i can just tell lol. xx

My mum told her that for her every other labour is hard and the second and 4th the easiest,
For me the first was horrific but in the end all was ok:)
The second 5 hrs from start to finish and didnt need pain relief in any form
the third was 9 hours and traumatic but he was prem
fx number four is like number 2 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back