Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

BubbaG

Reaction score
My LO is 16wks tomorrow but was 10 days late and we are currently going through this! What a killer!!! He demands constant attention all the time - I mean full on eye contact constantly! If I try to put him down he screws up his face, his bottom lip goes and he shreiks! He is waking for a feed earlier each night. I sneezed and he cries, I laugh and he cries, the dog barks and he is off again. I am so exhausted of it all.

To top it off it's my birthday and I'm going out tonight for the first time since LO was born and bloody dreading it! Would rather have a bottle of wine and watch Eat Pray Love!

Happy Birthday! :happydance: I think a bottle of wine and a movie sounds awesome! Enjoy yourself whatever you do though, it sounds like you need it. I'm sure your LO appreciates you, that's why he's difficult. :hugs:

I know what you mean!! though my LO is15 weeks tomorrow, but 13 days late so we're just behind you....and guess what?! hubby is away all during the week (only home on weekends) started last week and comes back home when LO is19 weeks (counting from duedate) so he's missing it all just leaving me to it :( (though he can't help it, he's away for work...it's ironic that he has to be away right in the hardest period atm :p)

All I can say is: good luck!!:thumbup:

oh and happy birthday ofcourse!! just enjoy your little break! :)

We are there at the moment too so feeling your pain. She is 18 weeks today! Hoping that we are the other side shortly! x

I am now in tears, it is sooo hard, he is bloody teething too... so bad that when he bites my finger it hurts... he just seems so frantic and difficult! So if he was 10 days late does that mean we will come out of this hell 10 days before 19.5wks?

My hubby works away all week and home at the weekend so I feel your pain Eltjuh... Does anyone want Dougie until July? I may give him to one of those 14yr olds you see on Jeremy kyle who say they want a baby... best contraception ever!!!

I remember that leap - I thought LO was possessed he was so bad! :haha: Just been through the next leap and hate to say I think he was worse!

What I don't get is LO was 4 weeks early but follows the leaps as if he was born on time...

I think it can last until 22 weeks actually. Sofia was 14 days late and we are still "in" it at 18 weeks.... every baby is different though! xx

Sorry your having a rough time. For some, looking at wonder weeks and charts to see how your baby should be acting is good because it prepares them. For me, it makes me a nervous wreck and sometimes for no reason at all because Nate wasn't effected by some of them at all. I stopped looking at wonder weeks a few months ago and have never been more chilled out. If he's having a bad day, I just put it down to that and hope tomorrow is better and like all things, it comes and goes. As he's gotten older, the bad days are few and far between and for the most part, he's happy pretty much all the time now, aside from when he gets really tired. :hugs:

wait till wonder week 47 or 49. wonder week 19 will seem like a breeze

Going through that at the moment! LO is 17 weeks, but 18 weeks by TWW so I think we've just come out of the stormy week. Hopefully she'll be back to herself soon.

Although, there are moments in between the whinging in which she's her happy little self so I'm just taking comfort in those. She's starting to screech - just to hear her own voice, I think, and it cracks me up every time, especially because she has such a look of satisfaction afterwards.

Yep, going through it too at the mo... it's been a sodding nightmare from beginning to end! Just when you think LO's having a better than normal day - something else will surprise you. I can relate to the waking earlier n earlier thing - at one point LO was going to bed at 6 as usual but waking at 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7am :( it was so exhausting! Just finished a couple of days where she got up at 3. Her fave at the mo is to wake at 5 and stay up unless we have her in our bed but she just will not go back in her own cot! :/ Had her 3rd lot of jabs yesterday so that hasn't helped. Can't wait for it to be over! That said... you do see them starting to aquire all these new skills, so you can hardly blame the poor beggars for getting a bit shirty, must be hard work lol xxx

I am now in tears, it is sooo hard, he is bloody teething too... so bad that when he bites my finger it hurts... he just seems so frantic and difficult! So if he was 10 days late does that mean we will come out of this hell 10 days before 19.5wks?

My hubby works away all week and home at the weekend so I feel your pain Eltjuh... Does anyone want Dougie until July? I may give him to one of those 14yr olds you see on Jeremy kyle who say they want a baby... best contraception ever!!!

Lucas is teething aswell, has been since he was 8 weeks old.. :S
And tonight he almost had me in tears aswell (eventhough I had a 3hr break as hubby had him and I took some mummy time upstairs). I was feeding him before bed and after about 5minutes he would just NOT lay still!!! There was no way of getting him to stop wiggling and squirming and just get on with his feed.... He didn't have any gas either, so no idea why he did it.... Do you know if this could be related to teething?? He kinda 'bit' my nipple aswell and it felt really sharp, but when I feel with my fingers I can't feel anything sharp yet...

I reckon he is teething! Dougie too is fussing at feed time to a point where I sm holding down his arms and randomly having to warm his last feed! I have just come home from my meal out and apparently not a sound! I did give jim calpol before bed so this may have helped!

I reckon he is teething! Dougie too is fussing at feed time to a point where I sm holding down his arms and randomly having to warm his last feed! I have just come home from my meal out and apparently not a sound! I did give jim calpol before bed so this may have helped!

Same here, gave him calpol before bed and he slept for 7hrs again, he did this a couple if nights ago too. Tonight?though he rolled himself onto his tummy, he's never done that before? Didn't even know he could do that :p guess the wonder week is paying off :p

Going through this, its pretty mental! But she's almost 18 weeks now and she was 9 days late so hoping she'll be done soon. She slept much better last night, only woke once between midnight and 9:30 and has gone back to sleep again now

I've just come out the other side of this gorious growth spurt only to be met with the 4 month sleep regression! :dohh:

Joys of mummyhood! xx

Apparently the squirming is normal and not Gas related...they are simply learning cause and effect I.e. If I move my body this way and that I can actually change positions albeit only slightly...Myka as started arching her back and then jolting it normal as she has realised she can partially propel herself doing this :dohh:

I reckon it must be bourne out of frustration to get moving!!

I have decided (for my sins) to try and stop thinking about these phases and just roll with it...it's great knowing she's on track but trying to guesstimate when she'll be over a phase only to be hit by another is just a bit depressing for me...I have adjusted to the fact that she is back to at least one night feed and at least 3 night wakings after sttn, I have made my peace with the fact that she fights sleep at every turn and that I need to persevere with the day naps (Ie. Trying to get her down...and stay down for more than 10 mins) and rather than get upset/frustrated when she wails I have reverted back to my new mum routine of check everything nappy, hunger, tiredness, change of scenery, hot/cold, check teeth, try distraction and if all else fails, out in the pram/car we shall go.

Tbh I have found that in these last few weeks I have spent more time reading and trying to understand what she is going through than I have just paying attention and enjoying the moments in the day (and night) when she smiles and babbles away.

Bloody hard work though eh? Xxxx :flower:

Well we had a good night, it took me an hour to get him down, but he slept 7hrs, then another 3 and then another 2. But I'm still not sure why....comparing it to the other night when he did it...hope we'll get more of this gradually :)

I just should've gone to sleep earlier myself :p But wanted to stay up a little later to spend some more time with hubby since he's going away for the week again today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->