Wonderful news after a nightmare week

Springermommy

Reaction score
Last Thursday, I had my first appointment at 5w5d (thought I was 6w5d.) First of all, it's way unusual to be scheduled so soon, but I went with it. Went to the OBGYN, they couldn't see much on their us so I went to the hospital. The tech could only see a yolk sac, but didn't seem at all concerned. She said it was likely too early to see the fetal pole. We went back to the obgyn where the midwife told us that they "saw nothing" and offered to schedule me for a d&c! UGH!!!
To make a long story short, we found out today that the radiologist who read our scans used a voice recognition software that made a typo saying there was nothing there!! Grrrr...
But today, we saw and heard our beautiful baby's heartbeat and all is well!
Now I know to not always trust medical "professionals" and to listen to our instincts! Calling a reputable, independent midwife tomorrow to set up services. It's 45 minutes away but it's worth it!!!!!

Wow what a mess! I'm sorry for the worrying you went through, but I'm happy they found a heartbeat and everything is fine!!
My first appointment isn't until April 15th & I'll be 8 weeks then. Ever since I made the appt, every day has been going by so slow lol.

So glad that everything is fine! Now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy further!

:headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

Ohhhhh, I'm so glad you heard the heart beat!!!

I can't believe they offered to schedule you for a d&c .... that's crazy. Jeeze. I'm glad you're taking yourself elsewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->