Won't fall asleep in my arms anymore

angel2010

Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc
Reaction score
I used to rock Carter to sleep with his bottle. After we got rid of the bottle, we changed the routine a bit and I sat on the couch for "quiet time". During "quiet time" I always bounce or shake my leg (so essentially rocking still). Up until this past monday, he always fell asleep in my arms and I took him to his crib. Starting monday he will not fall asleep with me and I put him to bed awake. I should be happy that he wants to self-settle, but I am sad. My baby won't fall asleep with me anymore. I used to use this time to steal kisses.:cry: Sounds so pathetic really.

Awww I remember when Dylan stopped falling asleep on me. Now on the odd occasion when he is so tired that he does I cherish it....It's like a little mini christmas and I smother him in kisses and just sit and inhale his beautiful scent :)

Awww it is sad when that happens!

Evie stopped napping during the day a couple of months ago and it was the only time that she would be rocked to sleep (for bed time she'll go to bed awake and self settle with no problems, always has done) I used to love those sleepy cuddles and still miss them now!

Ruby was never great at falling asleep on me but she used to fall asleep on her daddy and she stopped that at about 18 months, I think he was definitely sad! Although, a few months back we were staying in a hotel and she found it a bit odd and she fell asleep cuddling him then!

Awww... Bun only ever fell asleep on me as a little baby - maybe until 5-6 months? My wee girl is sleeping on me now and I am going to cherish it because it's over too fast!! x

Sun, congratulations btw! :hugs:

*HUGE HUGS*

i make a big deal of getting cuddles during the day now which is fun!

Thanks ladies. I don't know if any of you saw my other thread about not wanting to be away from him or not. I am just feeling so attached to him right now!

Thanks ladies. I don't know if any of you saw my other thread about not wanting to be away from him or not. I am just feeling so attached to him right now!

working has proven to be a very very tough thing to do! I mean im supposed to have it easier - because i work at home. but its almost worse! I hear him out there babbling, giggling crying and i cant go to him!

its so ahrd being away from our little boys!

Aww :hugs: I dread the day that LO decides he doesn't want cuddles anymore. :cry:

Awwwwwwwwwww :hugs: It's getting to that age, isn't it? :(

Mine just smacks me and pushes me away now. And he goes into his bed with his teddy and wants nothing to do with me :(
(Except all freakin night when I don't ugh)

My LO did this as well a couple of months ago. I couldn't wait for the day that I could put her down and she would self settle. It was taking forever to get her to sleep. Before long, she would whine and fuss when I rocked her. I began putting her in her crib and she would fall asleep within minutes. Now, I tell her it's time to clean up and go nite nite. She picks up all of her toys, kisses everyone in the house, and comes to me to be tucked in. I am glad that she is easy to put to bed now, but I miss rocking her as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->