Wooden Kitchen-Please help...x

CountryBumkin

Mummy&Fiancee :) x
Reaction score
Hello all you lovely christmassy ladies..
Havent posted on here in a while or been on for a matter of fact..
Had a fun morning looking at everyones stashes and its kicked me up the bum to start my christmas shopping :)

Just looking for some advice really ..
Im a single mama this year and need some help regarding a gift for my gorgeous little one..

I have found a wooden kitchen for my LO and am so tempted to buy it,only thing is its £100..It will leave me short for a week or so but its fine... ( i do work 3 days a week so it just means waiting for payday this month) ...

The only thing is my ex is harping on about how silly i am spending that much on a wooden kitchen,especially now as i am on my own etc etc ...

Tell me if im wrong but buy cheap buy twice and all that...

Its gorgeous and i will obviously only get here that and a small pile to open xmas day..

Also whats your opinions/thoughts on wooden kitchens??

Looking forward to hearing what you think..
Thanks ladies..x

Im buying LO a wooden kitchen for xmas too, She will be 20 months at xmas and I looked at the smaller plastic ones for her age but they are all crap quality and are pretty basic. I like the little tikes one, its about £150, but its big, with lots of different bits on it, even a washing machine, which she'll love, and it will last her for years.

I think the wooden ones will last longer then you can sell it when LO's finished with it.

Tell your ex you'll spend whatever you want on your LO, its your money!!

I got my LO the little tikes wooden kitchen two christmases ago and it is still like new. My two boys play with it quite a bit and my one year old likes to stand on the doors etc and still with stood the damage. I would prefere to pay more for a decent one that something cheap that might break. And im sure your LO will love it and not worry about how many other presents there is. You could bulk it up with wee books etc that you can pick up cheap

If I was to buy a kitchen I would definitely get a wooden one!! I love all the wooden accessories and food too!

The ikea one is amazing value at £65... I have heard nothing but good reviews. If you think it's worth the money and can afford it (even at a stretch) I'd get it.

Were getting Isabelle a wooden kitchen also.nwere going for the ikea one as it seems really good value for money and heard nothing but good things about it x

I've got my LO the Little Tikes one for her birthday and although she hasn't played with it yet it seems really well made and solid and like it will withstand quite a bit. I would definitely go for a wooden kitchen and you're right, with certain things 'buy cheap, buy twice' is certainly true! Xx

The ikea 2 piece kitchen looks so good and a bit less than the one you mentioned think its on offer.

I agree that you should get a good well made kitchen as it should hopefully last quite a few years and take everything a child can inflict on it:haha: if money is a bit of an issue though how about looking at a cheaper option- the ikea one others have mentions is fantastic quality and only £65 if you have a store nearby? Or maybe share the details of the one you like to see if we can find it cheaper for you anywhere:flower:

i think some of the plastic kitchens look a bit cheap and tacky tbh. id go for a wooden one. if money + space wasnt an issue id buu my 2 the diner kitchen fron elc but i have nowhere to put anything that size lol

If you are crafty or know someone who is, you can make one fairly easily by transforming an old entertainment unit, night stands, or other furniture.

This one is one of my favorites:
https://entirelysmitten.typepad.com/entirelysmitten/2011/08/diy-play-kitchen-set-for-kids-hack.html

But you can find lots of other ideas by googling pictures for "diy play kitchen"

Love the handmade one! We have the little tikes wooden one and it's fantastic and will resell very well.

We made one for lo last year out of an old unit that was given to us, I used a mixing bowl from the 99p shop for the sink and I got some taps for 99p off ebay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 11
We have this one and its fab x
https://www.elc.co.uk/Wooden-Cottage-Kitchen/135580,default,pd.html#q=wooden cottage

We made one for lo last year out of an old unit that was given to us, I used a mixing bowl from the 99p shop for the sink and I got some taps for 99p off ebay.

Wow! I love that, what a brilliant idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->