wooden play kitchen

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Gemma Simone, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Gemma Simone

Gemma Simone Well-Known Member

my LO is turning 2 soon and we wanted to buy her a wooden play kitchen for her birthday. they vary so much in price! has anyone got any recommendations? this one looked cute and was one of the cheapest that i'd seen but gets a few bad reviews for being flimsy https://www.amazon.co.uk/Branching-...PZD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307105378&sr=8-1

i don't want to get a really cheap one that doesn't have much options for play i.e. not enough cupboards/shelves etc, or is flimsy but equally don't want to spend silly money!

2. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Kidicraft make good ones, ELC rebrand as their own and sell them, but you can find them on amazon and ebay too.

We got H one for xmas and it's been a huge hit.

I don't know anything about the one you're looking at, only that IKEA do something similar which also looked very good. The ikea food is also great.

3. mandarhino

mandarhino Mum of 1

I've got the John Crane one and I really like it. My daughter got it for her 2nd birthday last week.

I just read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds as if they had a bad batch of kitchens with regard to quality control! On the version I have there is definitely no glass - it is plastic on the oven door. It was easy to assemble and everything fit together well. Time will tell how it holds up but I don't have any major concerns. It looks pretty sturdy.

It has been played with every day and I don't think she'll get bored with it for ages. We got her some Big Jigs wooden fruit and veg that can be cut in two. I'd really recommend that, she loves cutting up and making salads or stews.

4. caggimedicine

caggimedicine Mummy to Harry

IKEA do this one that I want to get for Harry

Attached Files:

5. Gemma Simone

Thanks for the advice. I'll have at look at those and I'll definitely get some cutting food as well.

6. Gemma Simone

That's really good to know that yours is sturdy as I thought this one was really cute but had been put off by the reviews. Double bonus that it's also the cheapest at 58 from amazon! Thanks xx

7. Shiv

Shiv Mummy to Sophia and Cora

8. mandarhino

mandarhino Mum of 1

The Janod one looks good too. Janod make lovely quality things - but it is £20 more.

9. Gemma Simone

I absolutely love this one!! But it's a bit of a splurge as we're getting a wendy house for her as well. Its also quite big and I'm not sure if it'd fit in the place I have picked out for it.

10. fairy1984

fairy1984 Well-Known Member

11. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

try ebay ! :) i got that Ikea one listed above for 70 quid ! :) with ALL the extras... all the food the fancy bowls spoons folks food pots and pans etc .. each set was worth 5-10 quid .. and its pretty much new, a woman brought it for childminding then packed it in a few months later :) ! dead chuffed. got it hiding in my bedroom lol! :/ for Lo birthday next week :) x

12. Gemma Simone

thanks - i had a look on ebay but couldn't see anything that i fancied.

13. Gemma Simone

thanks for the post! they're at least £80 on most other sites! £66 is a good price and only a few pounds more than the john crane one. may have to go for this one as it matches the colours in our conservatory! i'm a bit OTT like this :blush:

14. fairy1984

fairy1984 Well-Known Member

haha no i'm the same, it'll blend in nicely with my living room so thats another plus fo rit.

such a shame there are not more nice looking wooden kitchens with washing machine bits aswell as ovens

15. sweetlullaby

sweetlullaby Well-Known Member

We're probably going to get the ELC retro one :blush:

I absolutely adore it and it will match and hopefully fit in the space I have for it this christmas :rofl: