Woohoo! sleeeeeeep

divadexie

Reaction score
OMG sleep has never been so good :happydance:

Annabanana was getting AWFUL at bed times, and she was still being swaddled to stop her pulling the dummu out, as she couldn't go to sleep without it, on her side with the sleep support, and sleeping with her head slightly raised on a folded sheet that was folded to stop the dummy going too far out of reach so she could get it with her mouth when it did fall out.
She was taking over 2 hours to go to bed.

We tried CC but every time I went in to sort her out and left again she was even worse and not just crying but that horrible andgry screech :cry:

Bed times was becoming so tiring and stresfull so we decided to take drastic action.

So she now sleeps in a sleeping bag, with a blanket tucked into the sides of the cot (cold in here). With her head still slightly raised but now on her back.

If the dummy falls out, then we don't put it back in. Because Im not creating a rod for my own back and if she loses it, she will have to learn to go sleep without it. I did want to take it away... but if she can learn to put it back in her mouth herself then great.

So the first night it took her about 2 hours to go to sleep! :( But she wasn't crying or screeching, she was just shouting and protesting. More so probably because she has been use to me going in every time she started shouting.

Second night it took her just under 2 hours but the 3rd night it took 3! I was almost ready for giving up! Buut she did eventually fall asleep and stayed sleeping until 8.30

Now I am pretty sure that was the mid way point and last night she went straight to sleep, didn't spit the dummy out.
She woke an hour or so later because the foster dog we have was making a lot of noise, so OH went and calmed her down and put dummy back in and she went straight to sleep again. :happydance: and I had to wake her up at 8.30 to take my son to school :happydance: :happydance:

I couldn't of done this before. But now she has different sleeps in the day- and is awake between her solid feed at 5 and her bottle at 7, so by the time she has that she is realy tired. She is also now on 3 meals a day so I think that has helped also :)

I never thought I could do CIO, maybe CC at a push, but obviously she had other ideas and I am so glad I tried it because now I know she goes to sleep and if she cries it genuinely means she needs something. I know its not for everyone but it certainly worked for us :)

Sounds promising, hope it continues to work well :) xx

straight to sleep again tonight :D
She was practically falling asleep when I was feeding and burping her and she didn't even bother to whinge when put in bed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->