Wooooohoooo officially TTC and could use some of your wisdom!!!

Skywalker

Reaction score
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm finally here! We are finally TTC! Like, on purpose! Lol. Technically we started last cycle but I knew we were a bit late in that cycle to get pregnant but now, this is the first cycle we get to start from the beginning and give it all we got!

When I got pregnant with my son, it was not at all on purpose and with an abusive partner I no longer am with. To my extreme surprise I met the most amazing man when my son was about a year old and we're getting married and now tteeeeeee tteeeeee cccceeeeeee! :happydance: Can you tell I'm excited? And my fiancé is adopting my nineteen month old son <3 eeeeee!

Sooooo I'm taking vitex and prenatals with DHA, I eat as close to exclusively organic as possible, I bought some wondfo ovulation strips and pregnancy strips and have no clue how/when to test for ovulation, and I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea and decreasing my caffeine, and we plan on just making a to. Of love :haha: anything else we should be doing? This is the first time he's ever tried, too. We assume he's totally functional, he's 37 and I'm 30. Thanks!!!

Hallo!! Welcome to our world of ttc!!! Its great to be this excited and you have a lovely story!!

Wel on the opk's, it depends on what your average cycle length is. Say its 28 days then you start testing at cd 12 (so normally 16 days before you "expect" your next period) The test line must be the same colour or darker than the control line to be positive.

When you get a positive opk and then just make sure you bd those days for the best chance. We chart our basal body temperature on the app Fertility Friend and it helps to see when you ovulated, however if you are only starting out, opk's is a good place to start. If in a few cycles you are not pregnant yet, you can read up on basal body temperature charting.

For now, just enjoy each other and this exciting journey and go with the opk's! Who knows you might be one of the lucky one's who get pregnant the first month of trying!!! :)

Welcome!!! It is such an exciting time and I'm excited for you!! :) :)
I'm on my 4th month of ttc. The first month we tried I didn't think I needed OPKs or needed to do any temperatures. Boy was I wrong! Especially since I like knowing exactly when I ovulate for ttc. So my best bit of advice is to do the OPKs and temping (using a basal body thermometer) on https://www.fertilityfriend.com. It helped me learn a lot about my cycles and ttc.
Good luck to you and lots of baby dust!!! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->