Word of Caution - Tommee Tippee Travel Flask

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a word of caution about this product. I have been using it to prepare fresh feeds for my lo and when I went to use it today, all the coating from the inside of the flask had come away :huh: The bits were all floating in the water.

I've emailed TT about this fault as I am really not a happy camper that this has happened.

Just thought I would mention it as it may not happen to every flask but just keep an eye on it when you are using it. The bits inside that had come off were pretty sharp and the smaller bits would fit through the gap when pouring the water out.

:flower:

Oo er, I've got limescale in mine but sorted that one. Sorry you've had a nasty experience.

I don't use ours that often but thanks for letting me know!
That's really bad, hope TT get back to you soon.

Rubbish, we haven't used ours much but after his face when trying to feed him cold lentil and cheese puree, think I need to. Thanks for the heads up xx

OMG thats awful. Let us know what they say when they get back to you. I havent used mine yet.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing. Hope you get it sorted soon

OMG that's shocking! I've heard that TT customer service are pretty good though so hopefully you will get an acceptable response xx

I had limescale in mine too but nothing else wrong. My steriliser broke a few weeks ago and they sent me a replacement pretty sharpish.
X

I'll let you know how I get on when I get a reply. The stuff that came out of it is really odd, hard and sharp but lots of little bits in there too which I hope didn't get into my lo's milk :(

I've just been to asda and got a couple of their own flasks and will try them.

Good job I carry around a carton of milk, if that had happened while I was out I'd have been stuck otherwise!

Are you sure it wasnt limescale? X

Oh god, I always used to make up Lily's bottle fresh with one of these. I never noticed this though so hope it never happened! xx

I was going to say, is it white, almost plastic like?

That's what the limescale in ours was like.

No, it wasn't limescale. I've had limescale in the kettle and it was nothing like that :/

It's like a brown, hard coating. Feels very scratchy to the touch. I'll take some pics tomorrow :thumbup: It also made a tinny, rattly sound when it came off and was floating in the water and it was the whole of the inside that came away, like all around from the inside of the flask.

Oh god, I always used to make up Lily's bottle fresh with one of these. I never noticed this though so hope it never happened! xx

Don't worry, you would notice! It made a loud tinny noise when I went to pour the water :wacko:

I looked inside my tommee tippee and its just made of metal? Maybe yours is a different kind?

I had limescale in mine too! I don't use it any more though. x

I haven't used mine as LO's not here yet. Thanks for this post. :thumbup:

Mine leaked today and filled the change bag with boiling water! :dohh:
First time I'd used it as well.

Sorry you've had a horrible experience. I've used mine for months and absolutely love it!

I hope you get some response from TT soon. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will certainly keep an eye out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"