Words u dont want them sayying

Jkelmum

Reaction score
So while on holiday and the people across from us had a argument including a few swear words :growlmad:...the one lily keeps sayying is PISS OFF :wacko: ...She walks round sayying PO mummy PO Jake ...I know its just words and she dont get its not nice to say ...i have told her we dont say that word and also ignored her but she says it all day long:shrug:

oh no! I don't know what the answer is. My son keeps saying 'poo poo' but not just quietly or once he'll sing it and say stuff like 'mummy you're poo poo' and 'this food is poo poo'. I try not to react but it doesn't seem to be making a difference! I've been trying to get my son to say 'pardon' instead of 'what' and so now I just correct him every time and he seems to be getting the hang of it. Maybe say 'go away' every time she says it?

Before this she was telling everybody your naughty , I know just a phaze but not sure the childminder will see it like that if she is teaching the kids bad words

No I can understand that. If they hear words they do tend to copy them. Sometimes, at the age she is at, ignorance is as powerful as discipline. I know when I did my training we talked about young chn swearing and it is a lot more common than you may think.

You can try with ignoring her when she says that word, and make sure others try to do the same. If this doesn't work you can move onto firmer disciplining, but it's hard at that age, especially as piss is just another word to her.

It is a nightmare isn't it? You make sure what they hear at home is suitable and then some eejit comes along and says it infront of them. I would be tempted not to react and quickly divert the conversation away and hope it is forgotten about in a few days.

Emma usually just says words a bit wrong and that is what we do. Today for some reason socks have been cocks and forks are f*cks- hoping to avoid a sentence with those 2 in for the next few days!!!

yeah she calls her bits anny anny cos a child who was being potty trained says it but she sounds like shes sayying Fanny Fanny ..doesnt help she lifts her skirt up and shows us ...for that i put her on the potty she soon stopped sayyin it so much lol

oh no! I don't know what the answer is. My son keeps saying 'poo poo' but not just quietly or once he'll sing it and say stuff like 'mummy you're poo poo' and 'this food is poo poo'. I try not to react but it doesn't seem to be making a difference! I've been trying to get my son to say 'pardon' instead of 'what' and so now I just correct him every time and he seems to be getting the hang of it. Maybe say 'go away' every time she says it?

Sorry but :rofl:
I would definitely ignore the words, and just hope she forgets them.

It is a nightmare isn't it? You make sure what they hear at home is suitable and then some eejit comes along and says it infront of them. I would be tempted not to react and quickly divert the conversation away and hope it is forgotten about in a few days.

Emma usually just says words a bit wrong and that is what we do. Today for some reason socks have been cocks and forks are f*cks- hoping to avoid a sentence with those 2 in for the next few days!!!

:haha: It's so hard to stop them copying every word you say! Because I'm in Scotland most people say 'Aye' for yes, so when asking Charlie did he have fun at nursery on Friday - he said 'Aye Mummy'!!!:dohh: Not really a bad word but still want him to be saying Yes! And he's started calling watches 'c**ks' (clocks) so we could be anywhere and he'll be pointing at people's watches saying 'lady c**k, man c**k' Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

My son went through a stage of saying f**k off. he again heard this in the street. It got so bad we starting correcting him with oh dear and if he said it again he would have s warning. If again the naughty step. He now corrects anyone who swears with ,oh dear. He also will try and send them kn the naughty step if we know them :) so sometimes disciplining them helps, my son was about 2 1/2 when he was at his worsest.
He knows says things like "mummy poo poo" and " I eat poo poo and wee wee" he sings about this loud in tesco too. I know someone above had the same issue. I just ignore this as it's not exactly naughty just embarassing. x

Amelie doesnt really say any naughty words although yday our chip tray flew away and my mum said 'oh bloody hell' which amelie repeated twice whilst trying to chase it. We just had a quiet giggle to ourselves and she didnt say it again.

When Evan went through a phase of using swear words, we started using the words 'blue sky' in replace of swear words, and when he said 'blue sky' we would make a big thing about it just as you would a swear word. Eventually he thought that 'blue sky' was a swear word, so when he wanted attention or a reaction he would scream out 'blue sky'!! Was definatley less embarrassing than 'fuck' in a public place!!! When he was about 5 years old the weather man came on TV and said there was going to be 'blue skys across the UK' and Evan was like 'mum that man just swore on TV'. I was in absolute stitches laughing and had to explain to him that it is not a swear word!! x

My SIL thought it would be funny to teach Imi "bugger"
Normally she gets praised for new words, but we just ignored this one and eventually she has stopped using it.

I think you either have to ignore it or correct it, they are the only 2 options.

Brooke has said a ton of stuff, but we try to ignore it and she'll generally only say it perhaps 2 or 3 times then be done with it

She does however call fruitellas "badman sweets" after she watched the trailer for Anuvahood and i cant shake it!! Good job its not a swear word :rofl:

Well she seems to have calmed down and its not a constant word then god lol ...The new word is orange everything is orange ...so much better x

its not bad or rude...but Kayson has started with 'bum' which today resulted a very embarrassed me with hkim saying 'mum bum mum bum'...ooo dear....

hehe this thread has made me giggle! LO last week was babbling making sounds that sounded like 'fucker' and 'bugger' over and over again! I was so embarrassed!

When Evan went through a phase of using swear words, we started using the words 'blue sky' in replace of swear words, and when he said 'blue sky' we would make a big thing about it just as you would a swear word. Eventually he thought that 'blue sky' was a swear word, so when he wanted attention or a reaction he would scream out 'blue sky'!! Was definatley less embarrassing than 'fuck' in a public place!!! When he was about 5 years old the weather man came on TV and said there was going to be 'blue skys across the UK' and Evan was like 'mum that man just swore on TV'. I was in absolute stitches laughing and had to explain to him that it is not a swear word!! x

I did this with DS1, told him argos was a swear word. It would baffle him everytime a argos advert came on tv lol

M picked up "ucker" off a little girl at his childminders house but luckily only said it for a day or so before forgetting all about it. I just completly ignore it and plan to keep ignoring unless he starts yell swear words in public then I don't have a clue what to do :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->