Work after maternity leave

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
has anyone though this far ahead - I am not sure what we are going to do - wether I go back full time but flexi hours or part time mon- wed

Going to have to put the baby into nursery so going to cost loads and do not want to be working in a job that im really not bothered about just to pay for the nursery costs

wow you are forward thinking! Doesn't do any harm at all though. The thing is that anything could happen in the time frame your talking about though, your OH might change jobs, get promoted or anything. You are right though theres no point in going back to a job u don't enjoy if your barely going to come out with any money after nursery costs etc. At the time though, you may feel differently, you might want to go back so you can have that small seperation and a chance to become you again, then again you may love being at home with LO. I think it's more one of them cross that bridge when we come to it moments really.

Lol with me everything gets planned waaay in advance - I am trying to make sure that we are goig to be ok money wise before we start ttc as once the baby is here there is no going back. We wouldn't be able to afford for me to be a SAHM but I don't think I would be able to cope going back full time to never get time to see my child.

I guess I will just have to save up loads now and see at the time

Lol with me everything gets planned waaay in advance - I am trying to make sure that we are goig to be ok money wise before we start ttc as once the baby is here there is no going back. We wouldn't be able to afford for me to be a SAHM but I don't think I would be able to cope going back full time to never get time to see my child.

I guess I will just have to save up loads now and see at the time

I don't blame u, i would do the same in your boat. Could you do your job from home part time? Or could you find a new job that would allow you to do that, a lot of sales positions etc can easily be worked from home 1 or 2 days a week with the aid of internet and a phone. I've read a few womens stories on here where they have looked into doing that, it seems a good idea but obviously it's a case of whatever works for you.

I would love to stay at home but it would mean finding a job that I could do from home

I work part-time so we use a nanny twice a week, it will probably be the same with the next child as well.

I would hope not to,but may have to go back part time depending on money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->