• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Work Night Out!?

Timtilly

Reaction score
Hello,

Next week there's a work night out, food and drinks at a bar. I'm desperately trying to throw work off that I'm pregnant. I don't want them to know until I've told family - not for a few weeks yet! I don't want to say I'm not drinking as I know they'll suspect!
How do I get around pretending to drink?! I'm sure I'll be asked about having a cocktail as I usually enjoy 1!
Maybe ordering after everyone else! I don't know! My BFF is the only one who knows and she will be on the night out too.

Please give any tips you can!

Do rounds with your friend and get virgin cocktails?

I went out a couple of weeks ago and just ordered after everyone else and got diet coke. It was just in the same glass as a vodka and coke so nobody questioned it. I also said I wasn't up for shots or other drinks because I had to have Dominic when I got home and he would be up super early.

I ended up being home by 11.30, I was so tired and really not feeling it.

Could you maybe say you're on antibiotics or something, that's why you can't drink? I said I was on them for an ear infection at the start of this pregnancy! A little fib, but it stopped people guessing. ;)

ask the bar tender if they have a code word for a non alcoholic drink, or just get tonic or whatever mixer you'd usually have

I went to a wedding last weekend and it was SO hard to get away with not drinking.

I held a glass of champagne and just nursed it for a while, and then everyone else was so drunk they didn't notice I wasn't drinking.

We met friends out a few weeks ago. I make sure we got there first and told the bartender to make mine virgins all night and to be discrete. I was worried he'd forget or say something but it went smoothly!

I went out a few weeks ago and i drove to the club and back so no one questioned me why i wasnt drinking. Its better that way as you can order your non -alcoholic drinks from the bar without no secrecy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"