Work stress only 11wks

Kirstlou21

Reaction score
I'm 11 wks pregnant and work at a gp surgery, I worried over telling ppl at work and getting treated differently but in the end I had to tell them as I was so poorly, I told one girl and when I came bCk everyone knew! I have struggled a lot, sickness migraines and extreme exhaustion, the doctor queried chronic fatigue in pregnancy and signed me of for 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks my work colleagues constantly text me asking when I was back because they was tired! I felt bad and went back even tho I didn't feel 100%. They we're ok with me up until lately I went straight back to doing 11 hour days and I just cannot handle it, I get up at 6.30 and sit at my desk until 6 or 7pm wih one strict half hour break. I struggled on but now I'm being made to cover (UNPAID) because the manager has let two people go on holiday at the same time! I'm being out under pressure to work 3hr extra a night and today I crumbled. I woke up and felt terrible so text my manager saying I would be in but I don't feel 100%... She ignored it and them when I came in I saw her and told her , she laughed then when saw I was serious she said 'you know we're understaffed, what can I do?' 'I know it sounds harsh but you'll just have to get on with it!' And I did for two hours talking to patients but I just didn't feel with it and kept boaking at my desk, I said please can I go home and she was so pissed off she slammed her things down at my desk, she was pointing at he rota on the board and saying ok have today off if you MUST but you need to be back in Friday to cover and next week as we have no staff ... I just walked out in bits but have got so angry at home.. Why is it my responsibility to cover people's holidays when I'm sick and pregnant, and it's their fault they are short staffed, maybe I did agree to cover but it would have been before I fell . I don't get to cover and she is funny with time off for my scan, she said I've got an hour to get it all sorted!!( feel like they are really taking me for a mug and I'm so disgusted how she talked to m and made me feel, everyone in the office just went quiet and looke down. I'm a shy person an don't like confrontation so I just took it. I think in gonna go to the docs and get signed off again, sick of laying in bed worrying about going in coz they are under staffed ! They obviously don't worry about how I feel. My boyfriend is so furious at me coming home stressed and exhausted! I just know getting a sick note will make them really mad it worries me :(

this might go better in first tri x but what your manager is doing is unfair, its her problem she messed up and she should fix it not take it out on someone else!! I would maybe contact citizens advice if your in the UK! xx

yeh get signed off hun, you dont need the stress. They can get a temp in from an agency if they are desperate its her own fault for letting two people go on holiday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->