Work

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Hi all, what have you been doing about missing work for dr apts? Have you told your boss why you're missing work or what do you tell him/her?

This pregnancy I'm not working, but on previous pregnancies I made the appointment for after work. I would finish at 4pm, about 40 min drive home, then appointment at 5. Might not be feasible for everyone though :/
I guess if you don't want anyone to know you'd have to take a holiday day off in advance?

You don't have to say what they are for. Personally I've always just told employers I was having a few health issues and needed time off for appointments. In the first tri it's not too many appointments. As long as you get proof from your gp etc that you attended then most employers should be happy. I always told mine at 12 weeks before the appointments got more frequent.

Yeah I don't actually get any holiday days as I am a teacher so our time off is fixed. And there don't seem to be times available late enough in the day.

My principal didn't ask specifically why when I told him about my next dr apt. I've had a bad cold so I think he assumed my first dr apt was related to that. I might end up telling him a bit early if I'm having to miss more time.

I think it's fine just to say you have a doc appointment without explaining the reason. There are lots of conditions a person might prefer to keep private. This time I've taken annual leave for one day and Worked from home on another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->