Work.

cool . sweets

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Before my job knew I was pregnant I was only working between 17-20 hours a week with 4-6 hour shifts and I`d have about 3-4 days off. I was already having back pains from standing up for that long but I`d take my 4 days off in consideration to sleep on a heating pad and knock some of the pain out.

Now that they know I`m pregnant they`re scheduling me 25-30 hours a week with 8 hour shifts and two days off. I already feel uncomfortable standing for a 6 hour shift! When I come home and go to bed, I`d wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and it takes me forever to get out of the bed due to how bad my back hurts from standing so many hours. I don`t know how long I will be able to withstand my job as I have just started working there a month ago.

Plus, I`m dehydrated and need to drink lots of water but drinking lots of water on the job would make me have to go back and forth to the bathroom which they don`t really like and think that the only time to use the bathroom is on your break, but i have to go like every half hour . . smh i just don`t know if i should have ever started working while pregnant .

Can't you just say no to the extra shifts? Were you contracted to only work a certain amount of hours per week?

No I can`t say no to whatever they schedule me to work. I`m only part time which is up to 32 hours here in the US. But my job position (Cashier) I heard from other co-workers is only supposed to schedule for 4-6 hour shifts due to having to stand for so long and can`t get away from the register.

The only thing I can really do is switch or give away my hours but some people don`t want to do that and I don`t want to have to call in.

I went into the ER just last week and I told them that I was having bad contraction-like cramping and that it hurt to walk and it was due to dehydration. They STILL wanted me to come in to work after I left the ER. I honestly cannot wait to get maternity leave. I don`t know if I`ll even go back since I`ll most likely get a job offer working in the Pharmacy after my maternity leave is up/when I`m done with school.

Ask them to provide you with a seat... do you have risk assessments in the US? It's rather basic for them to provide you with a seat :/

I`m not sure about risk assessments here. This is my first pregnancy so I`m new to everything, lol! I don`t know if we can have a seat, but I was told that I could request a stool to keep switching legs to stand on. I will see about asking for one tomorrow when I go in and see how that does for my back.

there should be reasonable accommodations made. hell they treat pregnancy like disability, you should be able to use the bathroom!

u may want to check into it. i know you are part time and may not want to risk the income but how is this fair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->