working from home? ADVICE NEEDED...

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Ok, I need some advice...
I have mentioned this before but Im going to repeat myself and say it again.
HOW on earth people live off the money they get from the goverment is beyond me, it cannot be done in my opinion.
You cant bring up a child, pay rent and pay bills on a lousy £100 fortnightly!
I do not come from a rich family and wont pretend that I do- we live in pverty as far as Im concerned. Yes Im sure there are people out there who are worse off than us, but there are also people out there who arent willing to work and sit on their arses all day long sponging off the state.
I would LOVE to get some work, I would do ANYTHING to earn an extra bit of money, but being the way I am, thats clearly not going to happen.
This is going to sound real sad I know, but some people work from home doing things like painting kiddies toys, filling envelopes etc: and what I would like to know is, as sad as it may seem to some, how do you get into that?
I will not have my family struggle to survive or wonder where their next meal is going to come from and I WILL (If it kills me) give my son the best start in life that I possibly can, but on the money this state pays out, plus no support from babies dad, how can I do that??
Does anyone here know of a way that I can get into this work from home business? I dont care what its doing, even if its just sticking stamps on envelopes, it's better than sitting on my arse all day wondering how Im going to pay my phone bills and rent.
Do u know of anyone whos got into this line of work at all?

if u werent working u wouldnt pay rent, also babys dad will need to pay you csa money, have u tried googling working from home? maybe that would have some info?

if u werent working u wouldnt pay rent, also babys dad will need to pay you csa money, have u tried googling working from home? maybe that would have some info?
I live with my dad- its a long story and yes maybe I should get off my arse and find a place of my own, but like I said, its a long story.
He only gets a pension and theres no way he can keep me plus a baby, on the money he gets- if I apply for housing benefit, he will have to pay some rent on the house, and then we're back to square one.
Thanks for the advice though, I tried googling 'work from home' but its all 'start your own business', kinda crap and without money, how can anyone do that??
God I bet you guys think Im a right moaning minnie lol.

but if u were working from home would ur dad not lose any benefits hes on?

but if u were working from home would ur dad not lose any benefits hes on?
No because Im hoping its going to be a cash in hand sort of thing. I cant imagine 'soldier painting' will go through the tax office.... lol.
Or will it? Knowin this country, it possibly would yes!

9/10 jobs are through the books these days, why isnt his dad paying you anything? he has to!

Cash in hand in 2007 is very RARE lol Unless you get wrapped up in these earn blah per week programs that are pointless for income.

You have no job now so how are you coping money wise? You Dad I assume is only receiving pension. You now would be intitled to some income from the goverment and that would continue after baby is born & extra pennies for bubs. If y our both not working housing benefit will be paid - If thats already being paid your Dad needs to inform them that you now live there and the circumstances sometimes its a case that you have to pay a few quid into the rent not much I believe and when bubs is born prob nothing!

i would have a look on benifits website or give them a ring

Cash in hand 2007 is rare? lol.... yea I know what ya mean wobs!

I am getting benefits, but for some screwed up reason its income support thats paid by incapacity benefit that was refused. Yes I know, hard to understand aint it? In other words, I applied for incapacity benefit, got refused it, and am now getting income support which is paid by the incapacity dpt and not direct from job centre. So this means I have to keep sending in sick notes all the time to say I am not fit enough to work. They even stopped my money last week because I failed to send in a sick note in time, even though I was told that if you're within 11 weeks of giving birth, you dont need to send in any dr's notes.
Maybe its just me and my bad luck, I dunno.. I mean I dont see anyone else complaining about money etc: so yea, no doubt it's just me being my usual moaning minnie, type of self.
The housing dept know Im living at home, thats why my dad pays no rent, if I try to get any sort of benefit to help towards his bills, he will get his housing benefit slashed in half and will have to pay half towards the rent per month, out of the lousy pension he is already receiving.

I really dont mean to moan (OK YES I DO) and Im sorry if Im starting to get on peoples tits (for lack of better words) but there are people in this country today who are on £300 per week, disability allowance incapacity and income support, PLUS getting their rent paid, and theres absolutely NOTHING wrong with them. Ok, fair comment to those who actually do NEED those kind of benefits, but for those who dont, get off your fat lazy arses and get a god damn job.
(HORMONES, HORMONES, HORMONES) LOL

you say you would love to get some work? why dont u get a few hours at a shop a week or something?

you say you would love to get some work? why dont u get a few hours at a shop a week or something?
I've tried.
Nobody takes me seriously.
I use to work in a bar and I absolutely loved it- I know most people who own the bars in town anyway, so I was kinda hoping they'd do me a favor and give me a few hours here and there!
They take one look at me, laugh, and crack a joke "Not whilst you're in that state", or "You wont fit behind the bar with that lump".. "You're having a baby, I couldnt take you on"- "You'll have a child to consider soon"

Why dont you go out at work 16 hours a week and qualify for lone parent tax credits? Im sure there will be a job out there you can do?

I used to work for the the Department of Social Security 5 years ago in Income Support Dept and believe Rachie does now? She has loads of info!

Anyway I agree with the fact that there is a lot of people undeservingly on DLA but at the same time its not the governments responsibility to provide for people's children, and that is not a pop at you.

You will get Maternity Allowance of £112? a week like what people who work get when on SMP, surely you will be able to survive on this until bubs is old enough for you to look for a wee job? As well as £70 odd a month child benefit?

When your on the sick you do have to provide sick note for x long then they send you to see one of their quacks who say if you should or not carry on if they say yes you stop sending in sick note. I was in capacity and like you paid through income support thats normal.

If your paying no housing and no council tax what you have per week is enough to live on. We work and ya know what by the time housing, council tax, gas, electric, water, insurance, phone, broadband come out theres not much! lol Basically after housing and council tax some are not living on much more than you would get from the goverment.

If you can go and work at a bar - why can't you work (receiving incapacity) ... sorry had to ask!

I've tried.
Nobody takes me seriously.
I use to work in a bar and I absolutely loved it- I know most people who own the bars in town anyway, so I was kinda hoping they'd do me a favor and give me a few hours here and there!
They take one look at me, laugh, and crack a joke "Not whilst you're in that state", or "You wont fit behind the bar with that lump".. "You're having a baby, I couldnt take you on"- "You'll have a child to consider soon"

i thot u wanted to work after bubbs was born tho? loads of people work in shops pregnant! i know i did!

When your on the sick you do have to provide sick note for x long then they send you to see one of their quacks who say if you should or not carry on if they say yes you stop sending in sick note. I was in capacity and like you paid through income support thats normal.

If your paying no housing and no council tax what you have per week is enough to live on. We work and ya know what by the time housing, council tax, gas, electric, water, insurance, phone, broadband come out theres not much! lol Basically after housing and council tax some are not living on much more than you would get from the goverment.

i totally agree what we live on after bills isd prob less than what you would get on benifits!

I would love to go back to work when baby is born, but whos going to care for him, as I cant expect my dad too?

I know there are alot of people out there who are in the same boat and Im not saying Im the only one who feels as though they're struggling.
I left my job Wobs, before I got pregnant and after that, it was so hard to find another. I only started back on benefits a month ago- I was so determind to find another job straight after the one I left, that I didnt bother claiming a penny off the state at all.. obviously it proved harder than I thought as I was living off what I had in the bank for near on 6 months.

Kids change a persons life, things do change, people grow up and move on etc: but (and without sounding too snotty) going from having quite a bit of money in the bank, going out shopping all the time, willingly handing out money to family members if they ever needed my help, and buying gifts etc (randomly) for my dad/friends, to basically having NOTHING now, it hits you hard!
God I sound like a spoilt brat dont I? go on, you can say it ((but I did work for that money, I earned every cent myself)).......
I guess the moral of the story is "dont quit your job"...? Trust me, it wasnt just a case of "right thats it, ive had enough", there was alot more to it.
And KX, In no way am I saying that the goverment should pay for children, I havent said that once throughout this whole thread- what I am saying though, is the fact that its not fair at all, that there are people out there decieving this country, sitting on their arses all day and doing absolutely naff all AND probably receiving more money than we get!
Maternity allowance? I was refused it... I went through all the correct channels too! Got employer letters, the lot. Now because I was 2 weeks short of the 26 weeks out of (is it 60 weeks?) from the dates given on the form, I was entitled to nothing.
The only other thing I will get when this baby is born (according to the social security) is £18 child benefit and MAYBE tax credits.
That will take my weekly income to a lovely £53 a week!

Now tell me, is that what everyone else is on?

i dont understand why the babies dad isnt going to pay you? you say you have stuff(moses basket etc) at his house, so surely you are on speaking terms? he has to pay you mantienance, my oh does cos we dont live together anymore

Sorry to sound thick but didn't you just say you were haveing to provide sick notes?
I though that was to prove you can't work to employers/benifits office

Surely you will still get the benifits you are on at the mo as well as child benifit/tax credits
Maybe you are entiteled to maternity grant also

I really don't know as i haven't claimed anything myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"