Working Tax Credit??

Deanna86

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just a query I'm hoping someone can help me with....? Pleeease?

Both myself and my partner work full time, obviously soon I will be going on maternity leave and receive mat-pay. Does anyone know if we will qualify for working tax credits and how much that is likely to be a month?

I'm stressing................. :cry:

Thanks all!!!

i'm the same - really needing to find this out so i know if we are still going to be able to afford the rent etc... it's so stressful :( x

the work and finance section had quite a bit of info on tax credits and alike

I know!! I've just really scared myself... thought we were entitled to x amount and now thinking that amount isn't right at all and thinking... oh s**t.....

i've been looking into this and haven't really got anywhere. with me on mat leave and the amount i get paid on statutory our salary combination should be way below the limit required... but i just don't know. as you are still classed as working when you are on mat leave. so does this mean that they take your usual full time salary to calculate by?

Tax Credits usually work off your previous years wage i.e. now they would use your 2008-2009 P60 to calcualte entitlement.
However, If it's significantly different I would give them a ring & see if they could work it another way.

There's loads of info on the website & a little calculator to work out if you'll be enttled to anything.... https://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/HomeNew.aspx

Good Luck

Joanne xx

Hubby works full time and i was signed off work at 14 weeks, we applied for working tax credits and was refused. Infact, refused EVERY benefit we applied for coz hubbys wage is 17000 before decuctions. So if ur OH gets more than that, basically ur entitled to nothing x

Go to entitledto.co.uk and put in your wage that you will get when on maternity thats should give you a good idea if you can get any help

Hubby works full time and i was signed off work at 14 weeks, we applied for working tax credits and was refused. Infact, refused EVERY benefit we applied for coz hubbys wage is 17000 before decuctions. So if ur OH gets more than that, basically ur entitled to nothing x
My hubby earns almost £20k and I just used entitledto.co.uk and it says we'd be entitled to £33 per week in child tax credit. I think the rules changed recently!

i would go to tax credit calculator online and just enter what you and partner will be earning next year it will tell you what your entitled to form now until april 2010 just divide by the weeks and that will give you rough idea of what you will get and you £20 pw child benefit

www.entitledto.co.uk will be able to tell you what you will get for WTC and CTC. It tells you what you are entitled to this tax year, so if you want to see what you are gonna get next year (from 5 April 09) then put it all your dates minus a yr, ie if baby is due 25.04.10, put in they were born 25.04.09.

Kerrie-x you will be entitled to Child Tax Credit when baby is here, probably at a fairly good rate.

I got £30 a week working tax credits and £60 child tax credits when i had my son and was on statory maternity pay but my partner wasnt living with me at the time. At the moment we get £70 working tax credits and £50 child tax credits and my partner is on basic wage and i dont work. Hope this helps a bit xx

Me and my husband both work and earn reasonable wages. We aren't entitled to any 'working tax credit' until the baby is born, but afterwards will be entitled to around £20 per week from the 'child tax credit' part of it. We will also get around £20 a week child benefit and then SMP.
Your tax credits always go off LAST YEARs earnings, so the year after your maternity leave finishes you should get more tax credits for that year as your earnings will be lower (from only receiving SMP for around 6 months).

yeh i think i had about £500 in backpay the year after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"