Workout DVD and Slimming World

Bubblesnbits

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please no nasty condescending comments as this may be a controversial subject.

My Last pregnancy I gain 5stone. 1 and a half was my baby! Partly due to SPD, mostly due to overeating!! I managed overtime to loose most of it but I truly believe I was depressed over it looking back.

Right now I am 5 weeks pregnant again, my BMI is at 25. I spoke to my Gyno and she recommended that i do some low impact, low intensity workout. I also told her I was loosely following slimming world which she said was fine. She agreed that it was a much healthier lifestyle than the one I had in my last pregnancy.

Now I am not trying loose weigh, only maintain it for now. The exercise will overall help with my SPD which I was told will most likely be worse this time round. I want to start gaining steadily in my second trimester but I need to find a pregnancy workout DVD. At the mo its in the -temp here and I am not a gym go-er. Can anyone recommend a good low intensity workout DVD? Would also like to hear you pregnancy slimming world experience. Thanks all..

Hey lovely,

No experience of SW myself but i am an ex fitness instructor so i hope this helps:
Firstly, Get seen by an exercise professional rather than try something at home to start.
I would recommend to get an exercise referral from your GP first and foremost as there should be someone watching your form/posture and monitoring you with any new exercise (pg or not) until you have developed the mind to muscle connection and you are confident with performing the moves correctly. Also a review is essential every time bump grows and your posture changes. What works for you in one tri won't be effective or safe in another. Certain leisure centres have midwife-led classes (both water and dry land!) where you can relax into your exercises safely. They may then be happy for you to carry on with things at home once you and they are happy with your exercises.

Have a think about the following questions and take them with the answers to the MW/exercise referral team. They will then use this to put you on the right track and find something you love.
Important: Always make sure your instructor holds a current qualification in pre and post natal exercise design and instruction. If they don't not only are you not getting the right instruction but (gods forbid) if anything happened then their insurance would not be adequate cover should you need to go down that route.

What are your current exercise practises and how often per week?
Do you have access to leisure centre facilities (i know you said no gym but is there a walk in option?)
What have you been cleared to do in terms of low impact? Have specific classes or exercises been recommended/contra indicated?(you mention SPD so this could rule out many exercises)
How many calories are you consuming each day? how much water are you drinking?
And (most importantly!!!!) what activities do you actually enjoy? (No point having recommendations for walking if you are more of a swimmer etc!) and what do you hate!!

Good luck, let me know how you get on
xxx

Hi there. I joined sw just after Christmas and lost a stone. I have just under 2 stone to target (current bmi 26). I have let my consultant know and she's going to send me paperwork to give to my midwife to sign.
Davina has a pregnany dvs, I've only done her regular dvd's and they are relatively low intensity and quite enjoyable.

My bmi is just short of 25 and I'm also interested in staying healthy. I have been walking lots as I don't want to risk anything more strenuous, but I have quite a complicated history. Luckily I have gone off all junk food (well, most food actually!) I had been dieting before pregnancy. Right now I'm just being healthy rather than dieting etc. I don't mind putting on weight as long as it is to grow a healthy baby.

My bmi was 22.5 in my first pregnancy, about 23.5 in my second. I need to get back to that area, but after bubba!

Hi All,

Please no nasty condescending comments as this may be a controversial subject.

My Last pregnancy I gain 5stone. 1 and a half was my baby! Partly due to SPD, mostly due to overeating!! I managed overtime to loose most of it but I truly believe I was depressed over it looking back.

Right now I am 5 weeks pregnant again, my BMI is at 25. I spoke to my Gyno and she recommended that i do some low impact, low intensity workout. I also told her I was loosely following slimming world which she said was fine. She agreed that it was a much healthier lifestyle than the one I had in my last pregnancy.

Now I am not trying loose weigh, only maintain it for now. The exercise will overall help with my SPD which I was told will most likely be worse this time round. I want to start gaining steadily in my second trimester but I need to find a pregnancy workout DVD. At the mo its in the -temp here and I am not a gym go-er. Can anyone recommend a good low intensity workout DVD? Would also like to hear you pregnancy slimming world experience. Thanks all..

Hi!!! I too gained far too much weight in my first pregnancy, I just eat what I wanted, did bugger all exercise, didn't weigh or care what the scales aid. I can't even remember what I weighed before and after giving birth, all I know is that when DS was 6 weeks old I re-joined SW weighing 11st 0.5 lbs.

I'm only 4ft 11 so that was very overweight for me. It took a long time to see results but I got to target of 8st 2 and maintained for a while.
Last Sept went on holiday, gained 4lbs and lost it the week after and my bran just switched, almost like it was saying 'you can do this, gain and lose malarky' NOT the case. I crept up to 8st 9 which I currently am and i'm 7 weeks pregnant.

I've just calculated my BMI and I can only gain 4 more pounds to be considered in the 'healthy' range so I really want to cling on to those 4lbs for as long as possible!

I'm still attending SW but exercise wise until yesterday i'd done none as i'm suffering with nausea at different times of the day. Anyway I went swimming yesterday and really enjoyed it!
I also love to run, went two weeks ago, managed 2.5 miles without stopping (which is less than normal) but I was happy with that but I just can't seem to get out there since!

I've started a thread in diet and fitness about losing a few pounds but really i'd be lucky to stay the same in reality. But it would be great to chat non the less, come and find me in he other thread if you like.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->