• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

worn out by all the nausea and fatigue

teaandme

Reaction score
I'm having a rough time, only at 12 weeks and have been nauseous and throwing up since week 5 and on around the clock doxylamine/b6. The nausea is actually easing up a bit this week and I have been able to eat more but I just feel worn out and sad from how bad the nausea has been up to this point. It is so hard to get through a day at work and dealing with work seems twice as stressful because of how I have been feeling. I feel guilty for even complaining because I only work part time and have missed 3 days in the last month.

My husband has been helpful but is getting frustrated because he feels like he is missing his partner, I've been pretty much napping, resting etc when I haven't been at work. I can't help but feeling like the people that say pregnancy is so wonderful are either lying or had a completely different experience than I have had. I don't know anyone who has had the experience I have had.

I have my NT scan and labs next week. I'm not even excited, I just feel like it's inevitably going to be some bad news that will come of it or I'm going to feel just as awful as I did this week.

Can anyone relate? Intellectually I know it has to get better at some point but I am feeling discouraged and am sick of feeling awful.

Yes, I'm fed up too. My nausea is mostly gone now but I keep catching every cold and bug my son gets which never happened when I wasn't pregnant so I feel like I'm constantly ill. I have a rotten cough at the moment and keep needing naps etc. I feel so bad that I keep leaving my husband to look after our son by himself and that I have to keep telling my son I'm not well so can't play with him as much. Hoping I start getting better in a few weeks when I'm out of first tri.

Thank you Miss_Cellany for responding, it makes me feel less alone in this. I hope we both start feeling better very soon.

has the doxy and b6 not helped at all? what about adding zofran to the mix for the throwing up?

Ugh. I feel for you. I was the same way with my first pregnancy, and now I'm there again with this third pregnancy. I'm so envious of the women to "LOVE" being pregnant and have that glow about them. The only thing glowing about me is the redness of my throat from throwing up so much. :(

I'd say it gets better by the third trimester... but that's relative. It doesn't for everyone. For me, it always seems to be a trade off. I get a couple of weeks relief from the nausea just to trade it for being huge, uncomfortable, unable to sleep, and constant heartburn.

...I might be feeling a little negative right now, myself. It's totally worth it in the end, just getting through these months... ugh. So hard. And when the baby starts kicking, that's pretty cool, too.

I am right there with you, have been completely miserable for about 10 days with all day nausea and vomiting. The fatigue is incredible, adding up pregnancy related issues and the fact I can´t eat anything. I am taking b6 but I don´t think it is doing anything.

I am actually sometimes crying of misery, constantly with the vomit in my throat. My other babies know something is up and feel very sorry for me having a stomach flu for such a long time.

What I feel is worst is that there are so many weeks left of this!! :cry: I feel like I can´t do it. I wish someone would just put me out for a few weeks. :nope:

Hopefully you are nearing the end of this Teaandme, it is very common for the nausea to ease up in the second trimester. At least it did when I was pregnant with my daugther (no nausea with my boy).. :hugs:

dont suffer girls get on the meds, get the zofran for the vomiting , do you guys have something called diclectin, with the doxy with b6 together, it considered a really good option, the morning sickness can really depress you , I would cry all day thinking I have just months of this, you feel useless you cant function, find a doctor who will help you. it doesnt have to be this bad

dont suffer girls get on the meds, get the zofran for the vomiting , do you guys have something called diclectin, with the doxy with b6 together, it considered a really good option, the morning sickness can really depress you , I would cry all day thinking I have just months of this, you feel useless you cant function, find a doctor who will help you. it doesnt have to be this bad

I don't know about the other ladies, but I am on two different medications for the nausea. One is the Diclegis, and some other thing I've never heard of before. Both of them are only so-so as far as helping. And even when it relieves the nausea, I still want to lie in bed all day with no energy. :(

I can relate to this. I'm almost 7 weeks and I so fed up of feeling sick and the fatigue is driving me insane, as I'm struggling to get anything done. Smells are also a big problem for me, almost anything is tipping me over the edge. My symptoms usually start to improve from 9-10 weeks, so in my head I'm counting down the days, but I feel bad wishing the time away, when I didn't even know if I could get pregnant again. I want to enjoy my pregnancy as much as possible, but that feels hard to do right now x

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It may be easy for you to say to get on medications and that is great for you, it's a personal choice. I'm not comfortable taking anything but pregnancy class A medications in pregnancy unless the situation gets more dire such as I am admitted to the hospital. Also, per my midwife, the zofran helps more with vomiting and doesn't always help with nausea in itself. The vomiting actually isn't that bothersome for me, it's the nausea that is draining me. As I mentioned, I have been on around the clock doxylamine/B6, I take the extended release version during the day (diclegis), it reduces the nausea by at least half but doesn't make it go away.

And as Genevevex mentioned, sometimes multiple meds don't magically take all the symptoms away and make you feel back to how you felt before pregnancy.

:cry: I feel like I can´t do it. I wish someone would just put me out for a few weeks. :nope:

Hopefully you are nearing the end of this Teaandme, it is very common for the nausea to ease up in the second trimester. .. :hugs:

I can relate to this. I'm almost 7 weeks and I so fed up of feeling sick and the fatigue is driving me insane, as I'm struggling to get anything done. Smells are also a big problem for me, almost anything is tipping me over the edge. My symptoms usually start to improve from 9-10 weeks, so in my head I'm counting down the days, but I feel bad wishing the time away, when I didn't even know if I could get pregnant again. I want to enjoy my pregnancy as much as possible, but that feels hard to do right now x

I can so relate to all of this, about a month ago, I wished to be put out for a few weeks too, it was just so awful. I am a little better this week too, so I am hopeful that it will continue to decrease. It's still hard to enjoy the pregnancy for me too, I'm still wishing the days away too. I'm hoping to start enjoying pregnancy soon.

Miss_Cellany, Genevevex, bke, Holly82-I am wishing you all to feel better soon. :hugs:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It may be easy for you to say to get on medications and that is great for you, it's a personal choice. I'm not comfortable taking anything but pregnancy class A medications in pregnancy unless the situation gets more dire such as I am admitted to the hospital. Also, per my midwife, the zofran helps more with vomiting and doesn't always help with nausea in itself. The vomiting actually isn't that bothersome for me, it's the nausea that is draining me. As I mentioned, I have been on around the clock doxylamine/B6, I take the extended release version during the day (diclegis), it reduces the nausea by at least half but doesn't make it go away.

And as Genevevex mentioned, sometimes multiple meds don't magically take all the symptoms away and make you feel back to how you felt before pregnancy.

its not easy for me at all to say take meds, I have had 3 pregnancies that were hellish with all day nausea, couldnt wash a dish, make food for my kids, get off the couch, and I never took a thing , but then I realized that I am miserable, and the doxy and b6 is a really good option for a lot of people and I had never heard of it for my first pregnancies, so I am just putting it out there, I know the struggle is real, its a very hard time, and I just want to suggest what might help when nothing else does. I am not suggesting someone with mild nausea take anything, I am talking about someone nauseas 24 /7 who cannot function , cannot eat and is miserable. For some people like u said, the meds dont help, and for others its the combo of zofran and doxyb6 or something else that does. So again I am not saying just take a pill- I am just putting it out there for those who cant manage anymore and dont know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"