worried about 2 things...

Layla

Reaction score
First thing is Coby's weight, He isnt as heavy as he should be, on the chart in the red book he has dropped to the 25th line. Also i have noticed that 12 to 18 months clothes are really big for him, he could prob still get away with wearing 9 to 12 month ones.

Looking at him, i didnt think he was to small, but now im a bit worried, he eats all the time but i tend to give him fruit, veg, low fat stuff, the only thing he has thats fatening is buscuits (choccy borbouns)
He has milk twice a day, we have to put no sugar milk shake in to get him to drink it.

Is it time to let him eat more fatening stuff to bulk him up? he does have bread and pasta already, but again, its brown pasta...am i giving him to much healthy stuff?

Second thing is his climbing, he doesnt stop! he will climb anything, he climbs on teh sofa to get to our cabinet, im constanly getting him down from things, tables, chairs, sofas! i dont know how to stop him. and if i take him down he screams his head off lol.

Plus he headbutts everything, me, tables, chairs, walls, floors! how can i get him out of doing this, any ideds?

Thanks in advance

xx

chloe is still in 12-18 month clothes shes a skinny minnie!! shes about 3 lb heavier thn callum!!! mention it 2 ur hv hun n see wot she says, im not worried about chloes weight she eats fine and is happy!!!

Dior and Harley are nearly the same weight. Harley is 25lb Dior is 26lb so i wouldnt worry every baby is different Harey is over weight Dior is underweight. Dior used to headbut things i just had to pretend i couldnt see her. when she done it on the kitchen floor i would put a cushion under her head but she soon stopped when she head butted the glass kitchen table and split her lip and i didnt love her after. it broke my heart and hers too but it was for the best she has never done it since

Has he started walking yet? Cause normally they shed quite a big of baby wieght when they first start toddling, so that may explain a decrease on his chart.

As for his diet, you cant feed a child to healthy. Dont worry about bulking him out with things like pasta etc, young children dont need a lot of fibre in their diet like adults do. But they do require a bit more fat in there diet than adults, so you should aim to give them a lot of fruit and veg (this gives them all the firbre they need) and a lot of dairy products, hence why you should give them full fat milk not semi or skimmed. You dont need to bulk them out with too much pasta and rice. Just tryto make sure he has lots of meat, cheese, eggs and milk in his diet, but it sounds like your feeding him great.

I cant really advise on the climbing, cause Noahs the same, constantly climbing over everything, just a stage, and you will just have to watch him like a hawk and pull him off stuff. Noah has tantrums if I stop him doing something he shouldnt but I have just found if Idistract him with something he soon calms down. so if I take something away from him I give him something else, or I tell him to go and find something.

He also loves to headbut stuff. he will sit on the floor and just repetely rock back and forth headbutting the wall or something. I think its just them leaning abbout differnt feelings and sensations, but it is quite distrubing when its hard!

Thanks for the advice, yeah he is walking, he has been for about 3 weeks now and is almost running, he just doesnt stop lol

xx

Ive noticed that jack has lost alot of weight to since walking around, he has white pasta with philadelphia cheese in he loves that, full fat milk, yoghurts etc, i give him what we have, well within reason.

Jack is climbing everywhere to, on tables, on settee- i just get him down and tell him no, He gets really fed up of making all the effort to climb and then me take him down so he doesn't do it as much cos he must think it is a waste of energy! :lol:

Ask the HV advice hun if you are worried, but i wouldn't worry if i were you, you seem to be doing it right and doing great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->