Worried about blood tests

Greta

Reaction score
Hi there, we have our first appointment with a private fertility clinic next month. They are doing a routine blood test. I am not sure what for, but I am worried about the test for ovarian reserve and HIV test - I am sure they do one? I really don't think I have the virus but I am a worrier and had an encounter six years ago where the condom came off with someone pretty dodgy. I have always been a bit worried about it and avoided giving blood etc.

Also the ovarian reserve test is a worry. I appear to ovulate every month but am worried it will be really bad news.

Thanks for listening. I can't really talk to anyone about these fears. x

I know they typically do an HIV test as well as cystic fibrosis and some hormones. Good luck!

I had all my bloods done at GPs before my private FS appointment (apart from CD3 as they won't fund that one and stil no one has organised it for me). They are always nerve wracking - good luck!

It's totally normal to worry and feel the way you do. I'm sure the result will be fine. I am repeating the tests cos Ive moved clinics. They were grand the first time but Im still worried!! I'll wish you lots of luck but am hoping you wont need it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->