worried about cramps - a few sharp ones :(

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Hey, not been on in a while due to work being arsy abotu internet and none at my flat :(. Got my doctors app on tues but getting worried. I veh ad small cramps on and off for the past 4 weeks - been told that normal. However, the past 3 days I have had some that are slightyl stronger and predominately to the left of my tummy. No pain if I have sex, and no bleeding. However I do have constipation and wind - could this be the cause of the pain? As it sometimes feels like its going right through to my back :( and my left leg kinda goes to sleep when I am sitting down - which its self is uncomfortable.

Would u be concerned - considering there is no bleeding?

Hmmm, well I've had some quite sharp cramps this time, but they're not really in any one place and scans have shown everything's normal.
Wind and constipation can definitely cause a lot of pain!
If you're worried about ectopic, well, firstly it's not necessary you'd bleed anyway. But, when I had an ectopic, I knew about it. I was around the 8 week mark, I was feeling dizzy and sick and feverish and the pain was intense and stabbing.
If you're really worried go to A&E. Fingers crossed you just need more fibre :hugs:

I was fevery and shaky and puking on tues, but I also had a cold. going to a&e after work if I still feel bad. Have taken 2 windeeze, a rennies and had fruit salad for breakfast. So will see what happens :( .

I am at greater risk tho as had a termination when I was a teenager :(, adn my mum had an ectopic and fibroids and was told its heredirary so I am st risk to :(

I was fevery and shaky and puking on tues, but I also had a cold. going to a&e after work if I still feel bad. Have taken 2 windeeze, a rennies and had fruit salad for breakfast. So will see what happens :( .

I am at greater risk tho as had a termination when I was a teenager :(, adn my mum had an ectopic and fibroids and was told its heredirary so I am st risk to :(

Oh sweetie, fingers crossed for you :hug:

Having just read the Fibroid s post I am now hoping that is the cause of any pain! OH is still worried tho and wants to frogmarch me to A&E when I get home.

I hope all goes well hun. I know its pretty impossible for us to not worry so its best to go if only for the peace of mind !

Let us know how it goes x

Hey hun, don't worry too much I am experiencing exactly what you are. I am 5 and a bit weeks on and I am getting sharp stabbing pains which come and go very quickly predominatly on my left side as well, and my sister in law who had a bub last year told me she had the exact same thing - the stabbing pains and sharp pains on her left hand side and was so concerned she went to the ER thinking she had an ectopic pregnancy - but she was fine. I am also getting some gas and an irritable bowel pains and diahhorea as well, but I read that diahhorea in early pregnancy can be attributed to the progesterone your body is producing.

Also I wouldn't worry about you having had a termination. There is no evidence to support that terminations increase the risk of ectopic pregnancies - in fact the only damage that they can do is make it difficult for the embryo to implant on your uterus wall and that is only in the case of you having had an infection from your termination - and if everything went well in your termination then there is little effect it has on becoming pregnant or carrying a healthy pregnancy. Also I haven't heard anything about ectopic pregnancies being hereditary, there is an increased risk of them occurring if you have had pelvic inflammatory disease or had any sterilisation such as having your tubes tied and then reversed or you can just be unlucky and one can occur.

Try not to worry, from what I have been told by many, that unless it is accompanied by bleeding or the pain becomes intense and other symptoms such as dizziness and fevers occur, then I am sure you are fine. But I am not a doctor so if you have any concerns, it is best to speak to your doctor about it.

Wishing you all the best x

Good luck sweets, hope all is okay x

Hi there

I have had all sort of pain from real cramps to sharp burning. Have been spottin too but pleased to say all ok. I thik constipation is mainly to blame. It hurts when I want to go, then after too when I think everythin moves in my bowel!!
Try not to worry - its probably all normal

I get sharp pains to in my side. sometimes it happens so quickly that I think.. did I feel that or not. I find it gets worse at night when I lie on that particular side. I'm sure that it is wind. (sorry TMI) Been getting it for the last week or so. not bleeding though. I'm sure its quite normal.

sharp pains are normal hun- even the really horrible ones - ive collapsed on the floor a few times, but as all the docs say (and ive spoken to a few over the last 12 weeks!) if there is no bleeding the the cramps arent continuous (more than about 1/2 hour or an hour) then you are fine.
Everything is moving and stretching and thats what causes the pain.

I did have 2 weeks of continuoous pains at the start and it turned out i had a sist on my ovary that burst, but bubs was fine. My pains have subsided now, but i still get the occasional twinge.

Try not to worry hun! Good luck with your happy and healthy pregnancy! x

Did you go to A and E yesterday? It's normal to get twinges as ligaments adjust, the womb stretches etc. You may get constipated/loose bowels and this can cause abdo pain too. If you're worried then consult a doc - it's what they're there for - they can examine you and ask more questions and determine if blood tests/a scan is merited. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->