Worried about early scan no yolk sac or feral pole?

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I've just came back from my scan they measured gestational sac as 5 weeks 4 days which I thought I was around that.
There was a gestational sac there but no yolk sac or feral pole. I can't help but worry? She told me it's probably just too early but I'm still stressing out! I've got another scan booked for two weeks time.

The internet said a yolk sac is always visible at 5 weeks 4days?

Anyone have any advice or any scans similar or experiences.

Thanks

There is never an "always" with pregnancy. I agree with the person who did your scan. I'm sure it was just too early. Trust the experts, not random internet information. They see multiple scans a day and can tell what looks good and what doesn't. If they aren't concerned, don't borrow trouble. :)

At that stage even a day makes a difference.

My early was about the same, only gestational sacs were present. They did not seemed concerned at all.

I know I'm probably just being silly but I'm just so worried really hope there's nothing to worry about. Two weeks seems like such a long long time away!! In such a worry wart!

It's hard not to worry! However, worrying won't help especially if they didn't tell you there was something to worry about. :)

From what I've read, twins won't show up always until gone 6 weeks so that could be a possibility ��
But also, like already said, even a day does make a difference.
I'm going through the same sort of thing right now myself, it's like my anxiety takes over the rational thinking though lol.
Good luck xx

Thanks for the replies! How far along are you baby dust? I think it should be ok I also only had an abdominal scan and I'm sure they aren't very accurate so early on xxx

Oh yeah abdominal scan isn't accurate at all so early. My first scan was 5 weeks 4 days, we could make out gestational sacs in abdominal but had to switch to vaginal to see fetal poles and yolk

It could just be too early. I am sure you have nothing to worry about mommy! :hugs: hope you have a H&H 9 months!

Thanks for the replies! How far along are you baby dust? I think it should be ok I also only had an abdominal scan and I'm sure they aren't very accurate so early on xxx

Oh so they didn't do internal? I was 5 weeks dead on by dates and they saw a little something with the abdominal scan so then switched to internal and that's when things showed up a little better, but still not good enough. Got me really nervous but from what I've read and from friends it does happen that they don't show until gone 6 weeks. Hope I see something better on my scan On Tuesday lol. When's your next scan? Xx

No they just did an abd scan because I was having pain they wanted to make sure it wasn't ectopic which t isn't, she didn't even mention an internal scan to me! 5 weeks is still really early! I don't think early scans are too accurate they are so early keep me updated though. My next scan is on the 19th December so 22 days too go and it's going to be the longest 12 days ever! Good luck to you xx

No they just did an abd scan because I was having pain they wanted to make sure it wasn't ectopic which t isn't, she didn't even mention an internal scan to me! 5 weeks is still really early! I don't think early scans are too accurate they are so early keep me updated though. My next scan is on the 19th December so 22 days too go and it's going to be the longest 12 days ever! Good luck to you xx

Aw bless you! Hope it goes quickly for you! I'm ok with waiting for scans until it gets closer to the date then I start overthinking a bit too much lol.

It sounds so promising for you :thumbup:

Let us know! I'll let you know about mine this week so it can hopefully reassure you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->