worried about financial issues

K

kimbresque

So this baby was not planned. I mean we've wanted one. I haven't been able to get pregnant for years so we both just assumed it wouldn't happen. SO ended up losing his job.I had two jobs but one treated me like ccomplete crap! So I had to quit. I mean they talked down to me and treat everyone like they are stupid. One time the owner kind of shoved me aside to get to something and was like MOVE!

So now I'm down to a low income and he has none. I know it's just temporary BC he is going to trade school and will hopefully be making enough for me to just stay at home:) but my dad can be pretty hard on me and his mom on him.... His mom loves my 6 year old DD....he's younger than I am and this is his first and my second Im worried his mother may be upset? My dad will lecture about money and that's it BC I know he wanted another grandchild. I guess I'm just worried what his mom might think?

Oh goodness I am in the same boat, my husband and I were both laid off from our jobs and then we found out we were pregnant! I am also worried about telling the family because of that "Well you should've been careful.. " yada.

I've been stressed and nervous so I have to take a moment and breathe. I tell myself the little bundle of joy will be exactly that and I can't wait.

I completely understand what you are going through.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with financial issues. Things are crazy expensive today. It sucks! And it's really stressing my SO out too. He's insanely excited and had been AMAZING which is a huge difference from my first pregnancy and her bio father. I guess I should just try to calm down and be excited. And everything will work out:)

With our first we had lots of financial struggles but it just somehow worked out. And I strongly believe that's what will happen :) it all works out somehow someway!!! Very stressful in the mean time though. Try doing what you can to cut costs by shopping at 2nd hand shops, breastfeeding, cloth diapering (may be more $ up front or there's organizations that give free cloth diapers) good luck :hugs:

With our first we had lots of financial struggles but it just somehow worked out. And I strongly believe that's what will happen :) it all works out somehow someway!!! Very stressful in the mean time though. Try doing what you can to cut costs by shopping at 2nd hand shops, breastfeeding, cloth diapering (may be more $ up front or there's organizations that give free cloth diapers) good luck :hugs:
I DO want to cloth diaper! I mentioned to SO and he says he doesn't care. I sew a lot so can sew some cool cloth diapers like all the new ones! Prob. Going to sew some onsies and stuff too. Hoping everything works out. I may go to get some help financially for now

Ive been where you are. It does get better, and things look up :) I promise!! even now DH and I are restarting our lives (moved to the other side of the country) and we just cant seem to keep money in our account. we need furniture, paying off debt, baby stuff now... it never ends!! but babies don't need nearly as much as what people claim. Don't read into every little product.

I also make my own laundry soap and homemade cleaners. they are non toxic and work sooo well. its all on my blog (link in my signature) if you wanna take a peek. its saved us tons of money. I will be cloth diapering too!

I think financial issues, whether or not you have a job, is an issue for the majority of people. You are definitely in good company.

My husband and I are fortunate in that we both have very stable, good jobs, but I am planning on going part time after the birth which is going to be a bit of a cramp for us. It has been a source of stress for me, but he is optimistic in that we will be able to pull it off.

Have you done anything in regards to medicaid, WIC, food stamps, state assistance? It sounds like you would more than definitely qualify.

Babies are only as expensive as we make them! Pp have already thrown ya some great ideas.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like your in a spot to change the situations at all at the moment.

Funnily enough, I find with financial issues things have a way of resolving themselves . I hope this will be the case for you too.

Trust me, if you look at it overall - yes, babies are expensive but somehow everyone finds a way to get through it. When I first got pregnant, OH didn't even have a job, and I had a very crappy job. I was scared senseless. then someone told me - "If everyone waited for the perfect circumstances to reproduce, We would have died out a long time ago." I totally agree. Even though I don't cloth diaper, I've heard it helps immensely. Babies don't need everything you read about. I bought a crib from Wal-Mart, 1 swing, and I shopped second hand a lot. My daughter certainly didn't care if her clothes were brand new. Especially since she outgrew them super quick. Keep your head up, it gets easier and as you get farther along - it just gets more exciting.

I think financial issues, whether or not you have a job, is an issue for the majority of people. You are definitely in good company.

My husband and I are fortunate in that we both have very stable, good jobs, but I am planning on going part time after the birth which is going to be a bit of a cramp for us. It has been a source of stress for me, but he is optimistic in that we will be able to pull it off.

Have you done anything in regards to medicaid, WIC, food stamps, state assistance? It sounds like you would more than definitely qualify.

Yes I got insurance fidelis! But I'm thinking about trying for low income housing and maybe temporary assistance unsure if I'd qualify for temp assistance though. Just until he gets a new job. He actually got called about electrical today. Plus my cousin runs HR at a beer plant where he'd make 20 an hour she called but we missed it BC my aunt didn't tell us in time! And she ended up hiring that day! Hopefully things will work out

They will work out! My hubby makes 11 an hour and I stay home. We cloth diaper, co sleep, I bf, and shopped garage sales for clothes and baby gear. She is not wanting at all! Also a lot of people have given us clothes. If you ask around, a lot of people just give away their babies old stuff!

When we got married, we both worked, but lived on one income because we knew we wanted to have me stay home when we had kids. Our savings is slowly running down and I know it is scary, but like people said, babies are only as expensive as you make them!

They will work out! My hubby makes 11 an hour and I stay home. We cloth diaper, co sleep, I bf, and shopped garage sales for clothes and baby gear. She is not wanting at all! Also a lot of people have given us clothes. If you ask around, a lot of people just give away their babies old stuff!

When we got married, we both worked, but lived on one income because we knew we wanted to have me stay home when we had kids. Our savings is slowly running down and I know it is scary, but like people said, babies are only as expensive as you make them!

I'm pretty good at coupons and saving and plan on cloth diapering. Is it real hard to cloth diaper when they poop? My DD was constipated so rarely pooped...
My cousin has old baby stuff she said I can have if it's a boy!

Not at all! Before they start solids, you just throw it in the wash, no need to rinse. Once they start solids you just rinse in the toilet, I recommend a diaper sprayer, then wash. Or you can get liners and just flush thenpoop. Both are easy breezey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->