Worried about heavy lifting...

Seasidebaby

Reaction score
Hi I am so new to all this, I'm preggers with our first (4 wks today) after getting a BFP in our first month TTC and I manage a shop which involves a lot of heavy lifting. It's a charity shop so I have to sort all the big donations we get donated... Lifting bags of clothes, boxes of china & bric a brac etc...
Does anyone have any advice this early I'm pregnancy about heavy lifting??? As some things are heavy I lift them and rest it on my front so will this cause any damage to my little bean? Should I avoid lifting now or just in the later stages of pregnancy?
Help! Xxx

you should definatly avoid heavy lifting hun,in all pregnancy.If you do happen to have to move something or lift i would bend knees,slightly apart.But tbh i would avoid all the heavy lifting hun.
xx

i work in a bar.... and do the beer order tut tut so barrels and boxes of beer so on..... my midwife told me with my 1st that i should really avoid in the 1st tri due to higher rick of mc...... but once i hit 2nd tri as long as i lifted properly things should be ok..... knees bent slightly apart back straight lift try not to put the weight on your tummy..... if you speak to your gp or midwife they wil give you a leaflet with the proper procedure hun..... i tend to use a trolly now if im gonna be carting things about..... xxxx

Thank you ladies! :) I did lift a box of glasses this morning and suddenly thought "ooh should I be doing this?!" so I'll avoid any lifting from now on! It's my first to so am going to do everything in my power to make it a good healthy pregnancy! Writing a list of foods to avoid as we speak, also phoned my gp today so the news of a BFP is slowly sinking in :-D
xxxx

oh congrats hun happy healthy 9 months to you xxx

With lifting its more back problems caused by it which can get worse in late pregnancy. For some lifting is unavoidable. I have a 17 month old son and have to lift him often. But my god do I have bad back ache later on. So I would def advice no lifting if possible... but if you do need to lift it is advised that you try and take the pressure with your legs... so if you bend you legs its your legs that take the force. Where as if you bend you back then your back takes the full force. hth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->