Worried about hospital birth...

Pinkfly

Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump
Reaction score
Hi

Is anyone else worried about this ...

With all the bugs and illness's going around I am terrified of giving birth in hospital this time, They are not the cleanest of places at the best of times :nope:

I was treated in labour with IV antibiotics for GBS with my first two pregnancies and presume I will have the same this time if my swab comes back the same, And second to that I really dont think I would like a home birth (and probably wouldnt be allowed one - had bloods come back with anemia couple of weeks ago too)
:cry:

Just wondered if anyone else felt the same or am I being over the top ....

xx

I can see why you're worried but in my hospital, the maternity ward is separate to the main hospital and I assumed it was the same for most if not all other hospitals, which should decrease the chance of picking up most things.

I think we all have a bad habit of thinking the worst, but if you just concentrate on seeing your little girl then I'm sure most other worries will fly out of your mind :)

I'm not sure what your maternity ward is like but like Sparkle said, I know the maternity ward at my hospital is a completely separate building. So no need to go anywhere near the sickies! :D

ah thank you sparkle_bump...yeh mine is like that too just hate the places ... suppose we all do though xx

:cry: Yep im worried not cos of bugs...just in case I have a bad reaction to the drugs...

i am worried about this, the maternity bit is in the main hospital next to psyciatric then theirs a corridor that all other wards are on. Im taking antibac wipes and my own everything for baby, i am quite over the top about it tho lol xx

Mrsahmed im the same thats another worry i have developed since being pregnant this time - that i am going to have a reaction to something ?? strange hey what pregnancy does to the mind .... missrhead i took all the wipes etc last time and will be again ;) xx

I live in Milton Keynes... if any of you have seen the story about our midwife department... I'm having scond thoughts about going there. I feel the same about viruses and bugs too... my mum had her baby... the day after she left there was an mrsa breakout across the whole hospital. Groovy, that's where I'm expected to give birth! Maybe I'm over-reacting too, but I'm tempted to find out what my other options are, other than home birth.

We went on a tour of the labour ward and were shown a few rooms as part of our antenatal class and I have to say I was very impressed by the level of cleanliness. I was expecting worse but it seemed immaculate. However I've never liked the smell of hospitals so that's worrying me a bit. That overpowering clinical smell seems to make me feel a bit icky. Sure it'll be the last thing on my mind at the time though lol. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->