worried about LO getting dehydated

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by babyfromgod, Jan 29, 2011.

1. babyfromgod

babyfromgod Mummy of 2 boys

my LO is teething already at 3 mths and he has really cut back on his milk he would usually have 180 ml 5x a day and he is barely managing 100-120ml at the moment. I'm worried about him getting dehydrated

2. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

Hey. I don't know about your LO cutting back but as for dehydrating just watch for less than normal amount of wet diapers(health nurse told me about 1 pee every 3 hours is normal) dry mouth, and sunken soft spot. If you notice any of these they are a sign of dehydration. Sorry I can't be more help.

3. AlwaysPraying

AlwaysPraying Mom of two!

You should be good still with that amount. Thats still well over half babies normal so that's good. Watch for 6 hours of dry diapers thats another sign of dehydration. Or very yellow pee. Honestly though I think your ok with the amount baby is taking.

4. Paxton

Paxton Mum + Wife-to-be

As long as he's still peeing, he's good.

Babies flip around how much they eat, if it's a growth spurt they'll eat a LOT more than normal, since your baby is teething he's eating less than normal - probably because his teeth hurt. When my LO was teething, he'd eat a little, then chew on the bottle top without eating, then eat a little bit about half hour later...

5. babyfromgod

babyfromgod Mummy of 2 boys

Thanks girls, i don't feel so worried now. Will keep an eye on him though