Worried about losing weight, bump getting smaller

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
I’m 16 weeks, I’ve had bad nausea for 12 weeks. Now I have really bad heartburn/acid reflux along side it. I’m losing quite a lot of weight even though I’m eating high calorie foods, but a lot of the time I can’t face eating. In an average day I have 1 weetabix, 3 pieces of fruit, soup and bread lunch, then a home cooked dinner. I don’t snack or anything because I’m trying to eat the minimum because I feel so sick. I’ve been making fish pie with cream, veg lasagne with cream and cheese, chicken pie etc all have good nutrition but also quite high calories. I even managed a chocolate treat 3 nights last week. Still loosing weight. I have ketones in my urine because my body is using more energy than I’m putting in

Thinking maybe a meal replacement shake as an extra? Should I be so worried? Thanks ladies

If you're in ketosis you'll be burning fat. High fat foods will keep you in ketosis. Eat more potatoes, pasta etc if you want to stay out of it. Pregnancy can increase your metabolism. How much weight have you lost?

Thanks for replying, I have been eating lots of plain carbs because I can’t stand much flavour but also good nutrition (vegetable soups, fruit etc) and I’ve lost nearly a stone in 2 weeks. My weight for the last year has been about 9 and half stone so I’m hardly overweight and ready to shed some

Add in some nuts if you can. Snacking on those throughout the day can really increase your calories. Plus it is good source protein and healthy fats.

Supplement shakes would be good if you can drink those on top of your intake.

Have you talked to your doctor? Have they given you anything for the nausea? If not you should ask.

As long as you weren't - and are not - underweight, I'm sure the baby is fine, but how horrible for you! Acid reflux is incredibly painful. Did you have issues with reflux prior to pregnancy? Your regular doctor and your OB need to figure out what's going on here.

I would also start a food journal and try cutting out some common triggers for gastrointestinal issues. I had undiagnosed Celiac's disease for 20+ years, and since that autoimmune disease is largely undiagnosed, I'd definitely try cutting out gluten, even if just for a week. There's lots of other delicious carb options, like mashed potatoes and rice. If no change, maybe then try cutting eggs, then nightshades and so on.

Thanks for replying. I’m starting to turn a corner! 😄 yes I’ve had some horrendous gastric problems in the past. I lost a stone in 2 week once due to digestive issues and I was so poorly, had been for 3 months and was underweight because of it. Yet nothing was ever found. Corrected itself it seemed in the end. But that was 3 years ago and I’ve been normal ever since. I had bad reflux with my daughter, couldn’t possibly lay flat or anything, but that was 3rd trimester and didn’t affect my appetite too much. I’m managing to eat more now than last week which is great, not as worried- but pregnancies are such a worry aren’t they

I'm glad you're starting to feel better :)

I'm having the same problem. I've lost weight but haven't gained anything back. Its been rough. My bump is a lot smaller than it was with my last pregnancy. I was given pills for nausea and I find that taking one before bed helps me be able to at least eat breakfast which I wasn't able to do before.

Can I ask, with the digestive issues was it vomiting and diarrhoea because food wouldn't digest? I ask because the name most people don't recognise so best to use symptoms. I have gastroparesis from taking omeprazole for so long. I've had to take the omeprazole again in pregnancy because I have reflux disease and it was destroying my oesophagus. Could that be it? A stone is a lot when you were already small. How are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->