Worried about my Bump

bartyswife

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this site and haven't introduced myself yet. I'm currently 16wks 5 days pregnant with my 2nd baby. Our first is 7yrs old. Miscarried earlier this year after conceiving for the first time in 5yrs. I have been paranoid since I found out we were expecting. Our 6wk scan showed up fine, bub had heartbeat, 12wk scan was fine and bub was measuring at 13wks. I've had 3 checks since the 12wk scan and each time fetal heart rate was checked and was around 150bpm. My biggest concern is that I don't have much of a bump. I am a size 22 and my Doc could feel my bump and was really only 2 fingers from pubic bone. Would baby still be growing right? When i had our daughter 7yrs ago I was a size 10 and never lost the weight unfortunately. Is this why i don't have a big bump? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to stop my worrying.

I'm a 22-24 and don't have much of a bump. I just look a bit fatter. You and baby will be fine :)

Hey hun, welcome to the forum :hi:. As to the bump worry - I'm now 18 weeks and I barely have a bump to show for myself, just look like I'm filling out a bit around my waist, but people probably just look at me and think I'm getting a bit fat - LOL. I don't think your size necessarily affects when your bump shows. Everyone told me that because I'm fairly skinny I'd show really quickly, but I don't look prgnant at all. So I don't know, it may even be that because you're a bit bigger it takes longer for your bump to really show. But sounds like everything is progresing wel, so I wouldn't worry too much. xxx

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd agree that being either big or small is an indication of how much the bump will show. I think it's very individual. Some women, who are pretty skinny, have actually been pregnant without even knowing it! Lol...so while that is an extreme example, the point is, you might just not be showing with this one as much, and it may or may not be a result of your size or anything else. As long as the scans and the doc are happy with the growth and heartbeat and whatnot, I would think not to worry yourself about it...you'll probably ''pop out'' in some weeks from now.

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll find out in 3wks at my 20wk scan how it's all going. It's going to be the longest 3wks of my life! Will let you know how it goes.

im sure your going to be ok sorry about your misscarage hope all is well hugs and kisses

try not to worry, im sure everything is ok hun x

Aww hun first off welcome, and second congratulations on conceiving :) I think its harder to tell dependant on size, im a general 12/14 and stil a size 14 now, not a major bump, but i have large hips apparantly that accomodate LO so she canhide better.mnaybe thats your case? x

Everyone really is different.

I used to think smaller people showed earlier but thats not true.

I am a size 8/10 and didnt show til around 24wks!

Like you I had a miscarriage earlier this year but you do just have to stay positive -you dont want to be worrying the whole of your pregnancy - its not good for you- thats great you are now 16wks and all is going well so far!!!

Try relax and enjoy Christmas and New Year!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"