worried about my lil boy:(

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
about 2 weeks ago he came back from school with a nasty cold which the entire houshold caught well me my OH and both my lil boys are getting over it apart from teejai, its not seeming to get better at all espesh on the night time, hes also gone really quiet which is very very odd for him and monday his body ached, he had a temp and couldnt move off the sofar but the morning after he seemed much better, well hes yet again saying he feels ill and also mentioned this morning his private parts hurt which i suspect could be a uti:(,, also for a few months hes been complaining of one of his eyes hurting him and going blind so i took him to the opticians and they confirmed hes long sighted and he now wears glasses but hes still saying his eye hurts and its always looking red and tired looking:/ also everyday i pick him up from school, he started sep) he wont talk and just looks worn out im at a loss if what to do:( im worried about my baby:(
just to add hes 4y,, im just really unsure of why hes been feeling so ill for this long, hes in bed right now just walked in and got in bed he keeps waking up crying and his lil throat sounds sooo sore:(

Have you had him at the doctors yet? Probs best to get him checked for an infection, even if you have already had him seen by a doctor I'd get him back there since he hasn't gotten any better :( poor lad its awful when they get ill :(

yh im going to its just the school go mad at me:( and say i shouldnt be taking him out of school because his attendence will drop:( im just really worried now his eyes look so tired he looks soo worn out and im worried about his eye aswell:(

yh im going to its just the school go mad at me:( and say i shouldnt be taking him out of school because his attendence will drop:( im just really worried now his eyes look so tired he looks soo worn out and im worried about his eye aswell:(

His health is more important than their stats. If it's for a medical examination, they can't stop you taking him out and they don't have a right to complain either. Do what you have to do to ensure he's well, then he'll do better in school as he's not feeling ill anymore....everyone's a winner! :thumbup:

im taking him first thing tmorow morning hes now not eating and just sleeping his speech is abit slurred and his voice has gone really quite like its sore:(
x

Hun can you get him to the out of hours tonight? I probably would, am i remembering rightly that you are in L/Hill?
He might have glandular fever

xx

he has all the symptoms just had a look on nhs and im from willenhall bab, does it require an hospital visit? worried now hes sleeping atm he looks sooo unwell bless him:(

he has all the symptoms just had a look on nhs and im from willenhall bab, does it require an hospital visit? worried now hes sleeping atm he looks sooo unwell bless him:(

You can call NHS direct, sometimes if you struggle to travel they'll get one out! Theres a walk in centre in Low Hill and the Phoenix Centre outside of town (the Phoenix Centre requires an app though) I think i would probably take mine in? Just for peace of mind, just the slurred speech that made me think he should go in and the length of time?

yh:/ im trying to wake him up to properly check him over but hes having non of it:( Got to wait unil my OHs mom gets here until i can do anything because need someone to have my other 2 lil ones,, i know this is going to result in an arguement tmorow because the school went mad last time he had 2 hrs off!!:(

yh:/ im trying to wake him up to properly check him over but hes having non of it:( Got to wait unil my OHs mom gets here until i can do anything because need someone to have my other 2 lil ones,, i know this is going to result in an arguement tmorow because the school went mad last time he had 2 hrs off!!:(

Aah definitely best then, hope she gets there soon! Tell them to bugger off hun seriously, his health comes before his education! xx

i know:( i know full well they will tell me to bring him in but he cant get out of bed so theres no way im letting him go'!:(

i know:( i know full well they will tell me to bring him in but he cant get out of bed so theres no way im letting him go'!:(

Can you tell the doc the pressure the school is putting you under? Maybe he can make a call or write something?

xx

yh i might just do that tbh! i cant help thats hes ill alot and had to have his eyes checked:/ it angers me tbh because last time they were threatning someone to come out because his attendence dropped he had 2 hrs off school to get his glasses and 1 day off because he couldnt see because he was soo bunged up:( x

yh i might just do that tbh! i cant help thats hes ill alot and had to have his eyes checked:/ it angers me tbh because last time they were threatning someone to come out because his attendence dropped he had 2 hrs off school to get his glasses and 1 day off because he couldnt see because he was soo bunged up:( x

I remember the thread it sounds like they are more concerned with numbers than wellbeing, its Government pressure unfortunately. See if the doctor can help, you've being completely justified in taking him out. xx

Surely your doctors surgery doesn't shut at 3pm?

Ours has doctors working up until 6pm, even if you don't have an appointment there should always be an on call doctor who can see an urgent case

they do shut at 6 but wont take appointments they tell u to ring at half 8 in the morning for an emergency appointment:/

if u call nhs direct they can get a dr to call you. f the dr thinks its necessary they will get u in to the out of hours dr xx

Yes I would call out of hours now as well, but for future you can ask the doctor to see your child out with school hours

My first thought was glandular fever too, I had it when I was 7 and after an initial virus like thing I was just so exhausted and felt rubbish for ages. I could cope just about in school after a while but would go straight to bed when I got in. Definitely get him checked hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"