Worried about newborn's head circumference! :(

SaraSmiles13

Reaction score
Hello! I had my beautiful baby girl on January 31st. Her head was measured at delivery at 13.25 inches. At her two day check up, her pediatrician noted that her head was only in the 8th percentile so now I'm paranoid that her head's too small. She didn't mention it, it was just on her paperwork.. My first daughter always had a huge head and so I'm worried that something is wrong with my second daughter :(

My first DD head was in the 2nd percentile, she just had a small head. No one ever mentioned this to me I just saw it in my notes. Congratulations :)

DDs head was very small at birth but is now nearly on 50th percentile

How does she measure otherwise in terms of centiles? Unless her weight/length is huge, she's likely in proportion. My first had a small head, but she was 9th centile at birth for weight and only 25th in length, so perfectly proportionate. Really though if it was anything to be concerned about they would have flagged it up.

Someone has to be on the 8th percentile - all the percentiles represent healthy weight/size.

My 8 year old was the same. It didnt follow the percentile curve either but she always looked in proportion she was just petite. Her 6 year old brother has a bigger head than her now. Babies and children come in all shapes and sizes I would not be at all concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->