Worried about telling parents

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by kandyfloss, Jan 26, 2011.

1. kandyfloss

kandyfloss Guest

Basically I wanted to reassure a few people who are a bit nervous about telling family/friends etc :)

I was bought up by my 'dad' from a baby, but when I turned 5ish he got in with drugs and crime, and ended up in out of jail for about 6 years. When he finally came out Id built a relationship with my real dad, and my 'dad' wasnt really bothered about being a stable part of my life anymore.

Well now Im 17 and 37 weeks [yay:)] pregnant, I decided that even though hes only been in and out of my life when it suited him recently he still has the right to know. With him being bit of a idiot I was pooping myself. Thinking he'd try to change my mind.

Well just told him and.... he was sooo excited, saying Im a grandad, ahh a little boy, what shall I buy him ? even offered to buy us anything left we needed.

So yes Im not expecting miracles but it went well, and I worried for 9 months over nothing. Even if it doesnt go like that for you, Im sure people will come round to the idea for some it just takes a while. You will feel a million times lighter once youve done it, which is exactly what you need when theres already extra weight on/in you :haha:

Sorry its sooo looongg :blush: xxx

2. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

awwww :) thats nice :D
    your right, you do feel a guzilllion times better when its done! i thought my parents would flip but it only really took them a couple hours to come round to the idea :) x

3. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

That's great it went well, shame that you waited so long and worried about it. I had a hard time telling co-workers and didn't tell them until I was 25 weeks along because I didn't want them to judge me! Glad you've gotten it out though and it went well :hugs:

4. Pregnant194

Pregnant194 New Member

You're so lucky he took it easy on you! My parents are way strict, though. They're going to completely freak when I tell them about being pregnant. I'm really afraid they'll kick me out or make me break up with my boyfriend or give my baby up for adoption. There's just so much that can go wrong. How long should I wait to tell them I'm pregnant?

5. smc17

smc17 Well-Known Member

Im almost 20 and im telling my mom on thursday when my dad leaves for vegas for a week. I decided I couldn't tell her with my dad around because I know he will be really upset about this for a while. Even though my mom is going to be shocked and maybe upset eventually I know she will be really excited. She's told me so many times how im going to need to give her grandbabies and such.

So I guess we will see how it goes in a few days. Its mostly just fear of telling them because I feel like they might be disappointed. Other than that hopefully I have a supportive boyfriend (in the military with no contact right now). And my parents would never ask me to get a abortion or to put my baby up for adoption. So its basically just mustering up the courage to tell them.

6. kandyfloss

kandyfloss Guest

You'll feel A LOT better once you do. Hope it goes/went well :) xx

7. kandyfloss

kandyfloss Guest

My 'dad' is also very strict which is why I was worried. Dont leave it to long, it will and extra pressure on you and probably hurt them that you didnt feel you could talk to them.
    They cant make you break up with your boyfriend or give up your baby, you just need to show them your mature enough to have a baby. xx

8. lb

lb Guest

Whatever you do, DON'T wait to tell your parents. My parents are super strict. Granted, they definitely weren't happy that it happened while I'm starting college and with someone that I hadn't known for very long. But after the initial shock, they came around and are my biggest help in my pregnancy. You're going to need all the help you can get, and you should probably start with your parents.