worried about this pain ....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by vixta, Aug 30, 2009.

1. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant and since i was 4 weeks i have been getting this on and off stab pain on the right side of my womb. I have been reading on here and i think its the baby burrowing into my lining properly but i am not so sure.... it would be great to hear if anyone else had this pain? xxx xxx xxx xxx

2. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

Its probably just bubs settling in comfy try to relax and if the pain persists go to your doctor :)

3. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

i can only say i had this feeling too and it did worry me until people reassured me that it can be normal. I had a on / off stabbing pain on my right side (some people say it can be on the left side too) i mentioned it to the midwife on my first visit but she just said that you can get aches and pains at this stage and only to worry if it was ever severe or accompanied with blood etc xx

4. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

i hope so, i dont remember having this pain with my 2 other pregnancies but then again the last one was 7 years ago!

5. dali

dali Well-Known Member

probably just ligaments starting to stretch or to do with implantation :)
    if it gets worse when you wee or poo, or any bleeding get your gp to get you in for an early scan just to make sure baby is in the right place and not in a tube.

(dont say this to scare you , just that i had an ectopic and i was very lucky they caught it so early, as they managed to save my tube. first sign was bleeding for me though)
    there are lots of wierd sensations at the begining of pregnancy.... just wait until you can feel his bum wedged under your rib cage or his elbow is sticking out of the side of your belly , lol :)