Worried about what I just ate...

wasey

mummy to Summer-Rose <3
Reaction score
I just had sushi for like the 3rd time in my pregnancy, I know it's fine as long as it's cooked and my midwife told me smoked salmon is fine too in small amounts, and as it's not a shock to my system because I used to eat it a lot before it should be fine.

But now I feel a little sick/dizzy/headachey. I don't know if it's psychological or just tiredness or what :( I just looked up Listeria and I'm uber symptom watching, I didn't realize you were more likely to get it in late pregnancy than early, ahhh D: Even typing this, the rest of the screen is really out of focus and I'm struggling to focus on stuff but I don't know if I'm just tired or what :shrug: Is it a bit too soon after eating it for me to be getting sick? I know there's also an E-coli outbreak, oh I do choose my times :(

How long ago did you eat it? I'm not expert but I think it takes at least 24hrs for symptoms to show.

Sorry i cant help with your symptoms... But just wanted to say not to worry yourself too much about it, theres so many people that dont even listen to what to eat/what not to eat. With ppl not listining and also ppl who dont even know that they r preg im sure u will be fine. If u r worried though call your midwife :) xx

Im sure you'll be alright hun, i eat smoked salmon...but i put it in the microwave for 30 secs till its piping hot.

It could be due to lack of sleep, you should lay down for a while and get a little nap, if it persists thn call your MW straight away.

I are salami a few times without realising that it could contain toxo or listerosis so i mentioned to to my MW and my MW told me it was fine???? but on google it says not to eat deli meat??

Listeria doesn't become symptomatic until at least a week has passed since eating the infected food. So don't stress.

It would take at least 24hour for the syptoms of food poisoning to show but blurred vision head aches and things you have mentioned are signs that your blood pressure could be up so id call mw anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->