worried...am I being silly? :-(

TennisGal

Reaction score
DD was just on our bed, playing in her gym (rainforest) while I tidied up in there. I hadn't realised that she'd started drifting off to sleep - and jumped onto the bed next to her.

I also didn't realise that my weight would make her jolt awake. :nope:

So, she startles and bursts into tears...I feel AWFUL. I am also worried that it made her head bounce up and down (not much, but a bit) onto the bed. Could this have hurt her? She had a big cry afterwards - I am not sure if that's because it hurt or because she was startled awake. She's just had a feed, and is grumping a bit - but I think that's because she's trying to get to sleep (manically sucking her thumb)

Do you think I've hurt her head? Could it be the same action as shaking her - as her head bounced up then down?

Am so stupid :growlmad:

no no no. its fine hun. my LO gets startled alot and cries really loud but it doesnt mean their hurt. babies are tough!

thank you - I felt / feel so awful...I was convinced I'd somehow done the same action as shaking, through bouncing on the mattress. I think I read too much!

It takes some severe shaking to cause Shaken Baby Syndrome.
*hugs*

You probably just made her jump! lol She was probably all relaxed and wasnt expecting a big jolt like that!! hehe. My daughter used to do it if she was in the car and my partner went to get her out and poked his head over to say hello, she'd cry because it made her jump! :) They get better with stuff like that with age :) xxx

thank you soooooooo much ladies! I was getting really worried...well, there's a reason to lose those 10lbs of baby weight, if I am causing the mattress to fly up!

Brandon cries everytime OH sneezes because he gets a fright! So I wouldnt worry! :D:D x x x

Sometimes my LO zones out, and i can laugh or something really trivial and she'll jump and scream!!!! Makes me feel soooooo guilty!

Olivia does this when the hoover comes on and she not expecting it...its horrible the first time it happens.

Sounds like you just startled your little one. Hubby does that all the time to our little guy when he sneezes...poor guy!

Lol I have startled my LO a few times - with a cough, sneeze... once by accidentally knocking a hand dryer on while I was changing her in a public loo. She cried worse than she did for her jabs. I'm sure she is fine :)

Emma cries when you yawn, sneeze, cough or fart!!

However she is fine with death metal and laughs at it

Freak child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back