Worried :-/ getting drunk pregnant ?

Aneesa_09

Reaction score
I can not wait for my first scan im 8 weeks (first pregnancy) and hav not yet been to the doctor becuz iv only just found out and im waiting for an appointment, im worried becuz i didnt know i was pregnant and i wasnt trying. so over two months iv done things like drink alcohol, (got drunk) id admit only once.. smoked.. had dental scans, variety of things and now i found out i feel so guilty and mad. if anything happends id blame myself. do you think these things could of had a major effect? Since i found out.. a whole week ago, i havent done none of the above. I hope everything is ok... fingers crossed!

I know this may not help too much but what you done then is done. Lots of people dont find out til they are well on. Take my Mum.

5 Years ago she drank like a fish and started putting on a beer belly....or so she thought, until 6 months down the line when the doctor told her she was pregnant and they guys at the pub who took the micky out her tummy were in fact, right! But my sister came out fine!

As for the smoking thing, well I have struggled myself (I alway thought it was selfish for someone to smoke while pregnant but now I understand just how difficult it can be) but everything is fine so far!

lots of people find themselves in this situation and their babies turn out just fine. I did with my son as I was young and not trying actually I was taking Birth control so I didnt think it was possible even when I skipped a period I still didnt test so I was almost 3 months along when I actually thought I was pregnant. I had gotten drunk and was smoking then too. when I went to my first appt at the doctor I was so far along Ifound out what I was having and my now almost 5 year old son is just so smart and adorable as can be! but of course as soon as the test came back positive I quit smoking and did not touch alcohol again while I was pregnant!

As the ladies have already said hun, alot of women get this, especially if you werent trying to conceive!
Our :bfp: came as a complete shock to us and I'd been on antibiotics for a throat infection, taking painkillers for said infection, drinking, smoking and lifting very heavy boxes etc and so far, Bean is ok in there :)

Dont worry hun, I'm sure things will be fine :hugs:

Hi hon. I have to reiterate what has already been said, your story is so common. All my friends, who have gone on to have gorgeous healthy babies, said the same and had either been on holiday or to weddings or big nights out just before finding out they were pregnant. Me too, and so far so good, touch wood and all that. Don't worry, as long as you look after your little pickle now you do know, which goes without saying!!

Not a lifestyle to be recommended obviously, but don't forget heroin addicts and alcoholics give birth to heathy (albeit addicted) babies all the time.

Don't beat yourself up! You will not have harmed your baby

Enjoy your pregnancy!! Xxx

You wont be the first person to do that and you certainly wont be the last.

Before i found out i was pregnant with my 2nd i was out every weekend, pissed as a fart, smoking etc and callum turned out just fine.

Im sure your baby will be just fine hun. x

i too went out on the lash on more than one occasion whilst i was pregnant (simply because i didn't know i was preggers).

Doc says not to worry it won't have caused any harm, and for me to just not do it anymore!

I'm sure all is fine hun x

Baby will be fine.
I didnt find out till i was 19weeks that space time i was out drinking every other weekend, i had trips/falls, id been to 5 theme parks ate everything i shouldnt, i had healthy baby :D

Hi hon, I've done the same thing.

Did a pregnancy test a few days before I was due on, cos it was negative I decided it would be fine to go out and get quite drunk. A week later I tested again and found I was pregnant after all.

I googled it and there are lots of stories of people doing similar (and later into pregnancy like you) and having perfectly healthy babies. The "worst" story that I found was that it was all or nothing, it would either cause you to miscarry almost straight away, or go on to have no effect at all.

Doctor also said not to worry, said she'd conceived her baby around Christmas time and had more than a few drinks before she found out, her daughter is now completely fine.

Reading the books, babies don't actually feed off you for quite a while anyway (they use the yoke from the egg for a while, so you've probably done less damage than you might think.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->