Worried- Has my baby dropped already???

aaaaa

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
This is my first child, so I don't know if what I am feeling means that my baby has already dropped. I have felt her very low throughout the entire pregnancy, but the past couple of days, some weird things have been happening:

1. I started to feel shooting pains in my cervix when I was walking around this weekend. Today, they are so bad. I feel as if someone is poking me with a fork or knife in my cervix. The worst ones happen when I am walking-- a couple have had me doubled over today. It is VERY sharp, very sudden, and very quick. Even right now sitting, I am feeling a few lighter ones every now and then.

2. I feel her moving super low only. I haven't felt her above my belly button much at all in the past few days.

3. I thought my bump had shrunk (I posted in a recent thread about that). But now I am thinking that it is just lower. The top of it seems to have sunken in a bit, which is why I thought it had shrunk.

4. A coworker told me today at work that I look like I am carrying much lower than I did last week. She asked if I had dropped already.

5. Sorry TMI- I have been having SO many bowel movements the past few days! It started with diarrhea on Saturday, but since then it is solid but frequent. I usually only have one a day, but I am actually having to get out of bed at night to go!

6. Sorry more TMI- My discharge seems a little different. Not more plentiful, but thicker.

Any ideas? :shrug:

Sounds like your baby might be breech :shrug:

I was getting stabby pains in my lady bits. I've been doing the spinning babies exercises and she has now turned and no more cervix pain (hallelujah!)

I really can't tell what position she is in. I haven't had an ultrasound in 10 weeks, and I don't know how to tell if she is breech or not. All I know is that she seems to be very active down low with some body part...

Normal.... same happened to me around 32 weeks. Ouch i remember those shooting 'lightning' pains well they are bad! Here is a link to the thread i posted back last year

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/413961-lightening-engagement-pls-read.html xo

Could you ask mw on your next visit - they can usually tell. When's your next appointment? Xx

Hi it sounds normal to me for the last couple of weeks iv been having very painful stabbing in my cervix ( baby is defo head down) i was told that it could also be due to possible thinning and dilation of the cervix. mine is so active down below i was told by my mw aswell that it can be baby messing about grabbing and all that. if in doubt contact your midwife x

Normal.... same happened to me around 32 weeks. Ouch i remember those shooting 'lightning' pains well they are bad! Here is a link to the thread i posted back last year

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/413961-lightening-engagement-pls-read.html xo

Good to hear. Was your baby premature or on time? I'm just a little worried since I am still so early...

Could you ask mw on your next visit - they can usually tell. When's your next appointment? Xx

Unfortunately, due to a schedule change, I will not see my OB for over two weeks. I just saw him last Thursday. He measured fundal height and said everything looked good. It feels like position and even my bump has changed since then though. I am hesitant to call doctor over such a small thing, but I am considering it.

Hi it sounds normal to me for the last couple of weeks iv been having very painful stabbing in my cervix ( baby is defo head down) i was told that it could also be due to possible thinning and dilation of the cervix. mine is so active down below i was told by my mw aswell that it can be baby messing about grabbing and all that. if in doubt contact your midwife x

Did you start having a lot of frequent bowel movements when the stabbing happened? Notice any change in where you felt you baby around that time?

Oh I've been the exact same! Everything is the same and I feel like I've majorly dropped. ! I've been getting stabbing pains like inside me!

Sounds breech like mine...if i feel any kicks they're in my bits and his moves are all slow and type that stick out...and all in line or below belly button.
I'm having frequent bowel movements too but kinda always have so haven't worried about that.
Also, my discharge has suddenly changed too. You're only 1 day ahead of me...perhaps it's a hormonal change? Your bowels are affected by your hormones and of course discharge too. I just looked at a hormone graph and progesterone is really increasing so maybe it's that? I was worried about the discharge thing too and spoke to a midwife at the hospital and she said it's normal.
Try not to worry; I'm in the same position as you x

O and also, I had to go the toilet in the night too...bit of a coincidence that I'm getting kicks that feel like they're gonna come out my butt! Think the baby is kicking and pressing on my bowels making me go more. If you're feeling a lot of movement down low perhaps that's why x

It's best to get checked out if you are worried, but I freaked out at 30 weeks thinking the baby dropped (and therefore thought the baby was coming!) I felt pain and pressure down there, and I couldn't feel the baby up at my bellybutton. I had a dr's appt and the baby was head down in my pelvis, with her feet up by her ears, so all of her movements were down in that area...I don't think she had "dropped" though, just hanging out lower for a while. A couple days later she moved and I think she traverse again and higher up. Hope your LO moves up a bit for you! BTW, I was also told that babies drop a couple times...it doesn't necessarily mean that they are ready. :)

It's best to get checked out if you are worried, but I freaked out at 30 weeks thinking the baby dropped (and therefore thought the baby was coming!) I felt pain and pressure down there, and I couldn't feel the baby up at my bellybutton. I had a dr's appt and the baby was head down in my pelvis, with her feet up by her ears, so all of her movements were down in that area...I don't think she had "dropped" though, just hanging out lower for a while. A couple days later she moved and I think she traverse again and higher up. Hope your LO moves up a bit for you! BTW, I was also told that babies drop a couple times...it doesn't necessarily mean that they are ready. :)

Good to hear. Was your baby premature or on time? I'm just a little worried since I am still so early...

Well because of all the pain i got from around the 32 week mark i thought i was going to be but i started getting contractions on my due date and had her 2 days later :)

i have been feeling the same things. i know he is head down i had a us yesterday. But i feel him hitting my cervix with his head. Even when he has the hiccups i feel that pain on my cervix like his head hitting it eveytime he hiccups. I have been having to pee alot latly too so who know i will be watching this thread for more advice lol

Want to hear something odd? I had been wearing a maternity support belt for the last few days since I have had so much leg/back trouble. I didn't wear the belt today to work, and I felt her up higher all day. I put it on for a little while again after work and she moved way down and started attacking my cervix again! Could that be the issue?? Going to experiment more with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->