Worried I don't feel pregnant :(

sailorgirl1

Reaction score
Oh dear, I feel a right state! For about a week my cramping symptoms have eased off a bit (I'm about 6/7 weeks at the moment) - but I feel really down because I am worried that I don't feel pregnant? You hear people say they just didn't feel pregnant anymore when they have mmc and I'm scared that's me :cry::cry: Or it may be because I'm worried about it I'm feeling it......Anyone else have this? I feel so negative how CAN it all be ok??? :cry::cry:

I'm the same, I don't feel pregnant at all!!

I had a scan at 6 weeks and we saw the heartbeat so I know there is a little bean but I still don't feel pregnant!!

Well when i did lose my baby in Jan i still had my symptoms, infact i was still sick with morning sickness going to theatre (D&C).

Everyone and every pregnancy is different.

With my son i was sick from the beginging and really ill, was will from 6 weeks with my second which i lost and this one i have hardly been sick, some neasea but managable in comparision to the other two and this is twins so im supposed to have double the symtoms lol!

some people will have every symptom under the sun and others will have none, try not to worry and lots of luck.

If you haven't yet seen the baby on an ultrasound or heard the heart beat its very easy to not feel pregnant! I still don't feel it.... Many women who have had mmc's had no clue something was wrong until they found out at the doctor's office so even though it's hard, we can't always go on our "feeling". I was absolutely convinced the baby was dead before my last scan (I don't even remember why anymore), but there was it's beating heart.:thumbup:

Your cramps will come and go, along with other symptoms. I've had days where I am totally symptom-free but they always come back!

The last time my symptoms dissapeared at 6 weeks I found out at 12 weeks the baby died :( so this time round im always checking to see if I have symptoms, they dissapeared earlier and I got worried but they are now back. I hope everything goes well for you x

Thank you ladies, really appreciate your kind words. Everyone is so nice on here. I'm freaking out that because I don't feel pregnant it's that thing that people talk about 'oh she knew she wasn't' You know what I mean? That doesn't mean anything though does it? :flower:

it doesnt, im sure you will fine, I am a total worrier this time, i suppose having experinced a loss makes it worse too, im nearly 12 weeks and sometimes just done feel pregnant, even though i do, if that makes sense, when i use the dopplar and hear the twins hearts beating away im happy but within 30 minutes im worried again.

At 7 weeks i started spotting and was convinced this was another failed pregnancy, hubby was too and we went for a scan fully expecting to see another baby was lost, yet we saw too babies with heart beats lol.

So dont worry, pregnancy is scary and comes with no garuntees, a lot of ladies do lose babies, esp in the first trimester but that doenst mean it will happen to you. Try and be positive and enjoy your symptom free time, MS will prob hit in a week and you will be wishing it away x

Im almost 9 weeks. I don't really feel pregnant either and it worries me too! My only constant symptom is sore BBs. I haven't had much ms which I've heard not everyone gets it but sometimes I wish I would get sick just to make me feel better! I have an ultrasound next week so until then I just have to have faith that everything is ok!

Hi, please dont worry about lack of symptoms from my experiance they come and go.
I havent really had any symptoms except waves of nausea up until 7 weeks and nothing since, Ive had 2 scans one at 6 weeks and one at 9 weeks and my baby is doing fine and even the doctor said to me not to read too much into the symptoms as not everyone has any.

If your still concerned book a private scan to put your mind at ease, its worth it. In the uk it costs around £80-£100

xxxx

Thank you - my biggest worry is the feeling of 'not feeling pregnant' Im worried it's a sign....Thank you for the reassurance....I have a scan on Friday, very nervous!! :flower:

I don't have any symptoms & don't 'feel' pregnant at all, but paid for a private scan last week & I def am!! Try not to panic Pet xx

I am the same hun, I have had a mmc before, I went to my scan thinking I was 12 weeks only to find out the baby's heart stopped beating at 9 weeks :( with my other pregnancies I have always had early scans at 5-6 weeks and now I don't have my 1st scan till 4th July so I am worried everything will be ok, trying not to panic too much cos at the end of the day no amount of worrying will change anything x

Yes it's such a worry - Paula how sad to have mmc :cry: You are right though, there is nothing you can do about it so shouldn't worry xx

Don't fret!

I spoke to my Dr today about that. I told him I didn't feel pregnant and he said that all symptoms or feelings are relative. That means that they are different to everyone and each person interprets these feelings differently based on what they think pregnancy symptoms feel like or should be.

He said that he never even asks women what they feel like because the symptoms come and go and are never an indicator of the health of the pregnancy. He told me that as long as I'm not bleeding or having intense cramping, I should be just fine.

Hang in there - you will be just fine :)

I think it's a really tricky time - the time after you find out, but before your scan.
Whilst I have very mild nausea from time to time, I almost feel like I've just made up the fact that I'm pregnant!

I think that once the initial excitement of finding out has subsided, there's a big gap of time where you can't tell anyone and daren't get too excited until the scan. I think our bodies cleverly compensate for this by going into neutral mode, not daring to believe that it's all real until we've seen it with our own eyes.

Wishing you lots of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Thank you PG - I think you're right, your body does go into denial mode, it is a very weird time indeed!! :flower:

I am in the same boat. I am 11 weeks and 4 days and feel very normal and have had hardly any symptoms at all! Have my 12 week scan on fri and soooooooo can't wait!

c xx

well im 13 weeks and have my first scan tomorrow and i am just not feeling pregnant i think that for me is because i havent seen or heard it yet but i have been experiencing really bad ms and now its dropped of to the point the only time im sick is if i dont have something to eat straight away when i wake up in the morning lol :) Also im showing a lot i think considering i am only 13 weeks, there is a history of twins in my family and i cannot wait until tomorrow now to see :)

MammyEvans do you worry the same as me when you don't feel pregnant? Good luck for your scan :flower: Mine is on Friday, so nervous xxxx

Im in the same boat aswel, i am 8 weeks pregnant and do not feel pregnant at all. I had a scan when i was 4 weeks and 5days but could only obviously see the sac, due for another scan 10th of June, just hope everything is ok im so worried !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->