Worried i'll miscarry again

BlossomJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I miscarried my first pregnancy a few months ago (at 8 wks) and found out last wk that I'm pregnant again. At first I was quite positive but now am just so scared it will go wrong again.

Just had an ultrasound (external) which was booked before I was pregnant due to pains since my miscarriage. While I have been told I look healthy ie no cause for concern re pain, I am now worried that not even a sac was visible for the current pregnany.

Do you think it would be too early as I was only 4 wks 5 days? I don't really feel pregnant but really want this to work out!

Decided to post on this site as hopefully you all understand my fears. I've not told anyone but immediate family and get the feeling they feel a bit awkward after last time and don't want to get my hopes up.

I'd really value your views. It anyone else feeling this way after a previous miscarriage?

B x

yep me ive had 3 mc bfore this pregnancy in 10 months its sooo hard it getss easier each day but it will always be there i just thought i cant do this for the next 8 months it was driving me mad so i decided i have to try and enjoy this pregnancy but we are here for you evrybody here understands and welcomre to bnb xx and yes its very early to see anything yet

Hi, I think its perfectly normal the way you are feeling, I am exactly the same, I was so excited when I got my BFP on 11/12 now, I am 4 wks & 6 days and I am terrified we are going to lose this one as well.. I am trying to tell myself we will be ok.

Re your scan, it is v early to see anything, I asked my midwife who is also a very close friend yesterday re going for an early scan as i have pains in my left ovary, but she said it was too early and I would not see anything anyway, wait till 7 - 8 weeks and if the pain still there then we go for a scan.. so try and keep that in mind, its easier said than done I know!

Hi

I am 4 weeks 4 days and i too am scared the same as you. But worrying about something that is out of our control will only stress us out. So lets together be happy and look forward to the 9mths ahead of us.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

x

Thanks for your posts guys! I'm hoping it was just too early and kind of wish I'd cancelled the scan when I found out I was pregnant, that way I would't be worrying as much... or maybe I would be anyway. It is just so difficult to wait and see! Last time I decided not to let myself get excited until I knew everything was ok, then when it wasn't I felt guilty, like that might have affected things.

This time I'm trying to be happy and excited, but I'm terrified and worried that if I get more attached it will be worse if it goes wrong.

You must be very strong Carrieanne, I can't imagine going through that 3 times but unfortunately I know that it can happen. How far along are you now?

I really hope we will all be ok. I know it's best to be positive and enjoy it but I don't think I'll be able to until I've seen a healthy scan picture.

Im in the same boat as you, miscarried in September and pregnant again 8 weeks now...and have some intermitant spotting last week and started again today :(

there is no joy or happiness in this pregnancy its just stress and worry and I find the hospital staff very unsupportive, you just left in limbo not knowing whats going on.

I really hope things work out for you and your mini bump

for me if this doesnt work out again I wouldnt put myself or my partner through this again, I'll be buying a puppy!

aww :hugs:
im really scared of misscariage aswell im sure that everything will be fine :hugs:
and no you won't be able to see much on the scan

Hey hun. I had an internal + external scan at 4 and a half weeks and they couldnt see anything!!! Then had one a few days later and there was a little sac on the screen. Take care of yourself and try to read nice positive things :)

The hospital was great with me last time I had problems but I guess it just depends on which one.

If I were you though Pluto, I would't start thinking about next time, just concentrate on this pregnancy. Hopefully everything will be fine - my sister had spotting like you early on and she has a lovely little girl now. I know that's not going to put your mind at rest as theres just no way of knowing what's caused the spotting, but don't give up as there is every chance it's ok.

Really hope eveything works out.

B x

Hey hun, firstly congrats on ur pregnancy!! I know it's easier said than done, but try to take things easy n enjoy it. I lost my bean In July at 7 weeks, I had bleeding all thru 1st tri with this baby n everythns fine. I used 2 worry myself beyond belief, I know u just can't face the pain again. I'm sure everything will be fine, see if u can get another scan in a couple of weeks to ease your mind hun xx

hey hun i had a m/c at 6 weeks in july, and this time round i am an anxious mess, i cramp quite alot and cry when its bad coz i get so worried ill start bleeding!
ive had 2 early scans, one was at 5 weeks 1 day and they could just see the sac, they warned me if i was a few days behind what i thought i wouldnt see anything, then i had another at 7 weeks showing a HB :D but its my 12 week scan in 2 days!!! and u wouldnt believe the worry in bottom of my stomach i have, cross your fingers for me, ill do same for u ! xxxxxx

Hi Hunni
Sorry to hear about your losses I know exactly how you feel. I've had 3 m/c and an ectopic that took a month to resolve in July, all in the last 12 months. My OH just says to try and relax because if it's a healthy bean it will survive, and if there is something wrong with it then it won't and there is nothing that I can do to change this. It's easy for him to say that but it's also true, it's out of our control what happens we just have to hope and pray. Good luck and try to relax and lots of PMA!!

I feel for you I really do...having had 2 MCs since JULY this year I know how you feel. I am now almost 8 weeks, saw a HB yesterday and basically taking a day at a time, & freaking out at every twinge!!

REMEMBER every pregnancy is a new one and different to the last. you are not alone xxx

Thanks to everyone and good luck to all of you. Crossing my fingers for your scan Lauralora, let us know how you get on!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so am going to try and get booked infor an early scan around 7 weeks. Feeling a bit more positive thanks to all your comments. It's just torture waiting to see if this is the one will stick and not knowing if anything is growing.

Big hugs to everyone - hopefully it will work out for all of us x

I feel for you I really do...having had 2 MCs since JULY this year I know how you feel. I am now almost 8 weeks, saw a HB yesterday and basically taking a day at a time, & freaking out at every twinge!!

REMEMBER every pregnancy is a new one and different to the last. you are not alone xxx

Really happy for you and wish you all the best for the coming months! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->