Worried lines in FRER is lighter

lbyrne121

Reaction score
Hi

I am DPO19 and I'm worried that my lines aren't getting any darker and that I am having a CP. this is my first time pregnant but I have been seeing people's lines online and the Co trolley line is lighter and the pregnancy line is far darker.... the picture on top is DPO17 and the one under neath is DPO19... shouldn't I not see a darker change? Also DPO19 looks slightly lighter...

Any feedback would be really appreciated...

Attachments

• 2017-12-09 21.29.04.jpg
    2017-12-09 21.29.04.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 41
I’m sorry you’re so worried, but I think you’re way overthinking it! Those lines look fine. Yes, that second test *might* look a teeny tiny bit lighter, but there are plenty of other variables besides a chemical pregnancy that could explain this, including maybe you drank more fluids leading up to the second test or maybe it’s just a variation in the test itself. Honestly though, those lines are fine! I actually had lighter lines with FMU than I did in the evening at the start of this pregnancy. Try to relax, though I know that’s easier said than done (I definitely know how hard it can be, especially since I’ve had a miscarriage before). Stressing is just no good for you or bub! Congratulations!

Different tests have different amounts of dye - also at some point they won't get any darker so I would step away from the tests haha. Chemical pregnancies usually don't get as dark as either of the lines in your pictures. I would try not to worry

Those lines are absolutely fine!!! They don't get much better. Chemicals that I've had produce squinters barely there that disappear x

I’ve written about this on BnB a number of times now, but line progression is an internet myth, not an actual thing that shows you something scientific or of any value. The darkness of a line depends on numerous factors - time of day you take the test, when you last peed, how much water you have recently had to drink, the amount of dye in the test, the brand of test, etc. They also dry at different levels of darkness, so if you’re coming back and comparing days later then you’re way outside of the window to read the test. It in no way shows you anything accurate about whether you are ‘more pregnant’ than you were yesterday.

Your lines are most definitely positive! Congratulations, you are pregnant. :) My advice would be to stop testing and stop worrying about the darkness of any line - it’s a TTC Internet myth that just won’t go away.

lb those lines both look like great strong positives! I don't think you have to worry about the slight variance (which I can't see in the pics).

Try researching the hook effect. After so long test lines do start getting lighter again. I think they're fine xx

Hook acfect dosent take affect untill 11 weeks your lines are possitive stop testing xx

My Dr always reassures me that pregnancy tests are qualitative, not quantitative. I think your tests look great. It can be so stressful in early pregnancy. I hope all is well.

I think your lines look great hun. Congratulations :)

Bless you, I made a thread almost identical to this one in my last pregnancy! I drove myself mad testing frightened of mc, I used FRER and everyday they got darker until they started getting LIGHTER! I literally drove myself insane and had betas done always on phone to docs, and now I have my lovely little girl who recently turned one! I think sometimes either HCG is too high, or concentration of your wee, dye in the test etc etc- there are a lot of variables in the tests, so don’t look too much into it, your lines are very strong! X

Attachments

• 1CF5137B-53D0-4535-AC37-C8F5B28147BA.jpeg
    1CF5137B-53D0-4535-AC37-C8F5B28147BA.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17
With my last baby I spent a whole day crying because I took two tests, 2 days apart , and I really thought the newest one was a bit lighter. The next day I got a reassurance blood test and my HCG had gone up A LOT. At this stage i could really just be the test, or the dye, or the concentration of your urine. This time I took ONE test after my period was due. JUST ONE! It was a liberating feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->