• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Worried my princess might 'turn' into a boy ...

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
To be honest I don't mind if I have a boy or girl but when I had the scan she said she'd err on the side of a girl because she couldn't see any boy bits. But she said the baby had the cord between the legs but she saw 3 white lines and so said she was a girl ... So seeing the 3 white lines even though the cord was between the legs means a baby girl right?? I am worried cos I have told every one it's a little girl and have started buying dresses and pink ...!!! I have a growth scan at the end of November but am debating about having a gender scan just to confirm ...

I have been thinking the same thing! My gynae said at both 16wks and 20wks that he thinks it's a girl but can't tell me for definite - also saw the three white lines, he thinks, lol. I have also bought pink and told everyone it's a girl so I hope it's a girl. Thankfully I have my anomaly scan next thursday so will find out for definite then but I don't know what I'll do or how I will feel if it is suddenly a boy.

If it was your 20 week scan then it should be fairly reliable, I thought we were having a girl after my 15 week scan when the sonographer couldn't see bits but they were clear as day by 18 weeks so.......I would say it's ok to assume the lady is right BUT have heard tales of them being wrong...oh that hasn't helped much has it lol!! sorry. x

I got my pram through 2 days ago and am afraid to open it untill ive had my anomaly scan on Tuesday to confirm baby is still a girl(the prams pink).

I had a sexing scan at 16+4 that confirmed girl..3 white lines pointed out and told 97% sure a girl,but as my next scan is so close i am now having major doubts.:wacko:

I'm just thinking that as she said the cord was between the legs she could be wrong ... But then she said she saw 3 white lines ... She did shhow us but to be honest I can't tell one thing from another ha ha

I could have written your post myself lol

Since they told me it is a girl, I have been going over and over it in my mind! I'm driving myself crazy. Before I had the scan I would have been totally happy with boy or girl, but now I've started to buy pink stuff too and I don't want to send it back!!!!

The lady also pointed out 3 white lines, but like you, I couldn't really see what she meant! I do know, though that at my 20 week scan with my first son, his boy bits were VERY obvious lol

I have booked a private scan for Saturday because I just need a second opinion.
I was so sure it was a boy, so I hope it will help me to relax about it and enjoy the pregnancy.

me too! Was told at my 20 week scan 'looks like a girl' but im not convinced so have a babybond gender scan tomorrow, hoping its still a wee girl as have bought loads of girly stuff! x

if the lines are there its generally girly! do you have a toilet shot?
My LO was 40% at 19 weeks and has been a girl everytime I've seen her since then lol, 4 times. :p

Im the same, had a gender scan done at 16 weeks and she said she was sure it was a girl, but im not beginning to think what if she were wrong,,,,,,,,,,,i've bought so much pink stuff and decorated the nursery pink too - eek!

Only thing i would be worried about was that the cord was in the way.

We got told it was a girl (not a maybe or anything) and that there were 3 white lines and no boy bits in sight and that the cord was way out of the vicinity?

I feel the same! The sonographer said boy, and I asked 'what 100%?' and she said, 'well I can't say 100% but I'd say you can safely go and buy blue!'. My OH saw a proper shot of his bits (I was crying :haha:) and said there's no mistaking it!

I still don't believe either of them lol :dohh:

I've bought SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much blue & boys stuff now, this baby had better be a boy :haha: if not, this baby is wearing blue for 3 months :haha:

Ooh me too after three girls i thought the ladie was going to say girl i was convinc
ed not because or symptoms or anything i just never thought id have a boy. She said defo boy and showed us two round testies and the middle bit lol it was clear but imagine if he came out a girl id be gutted ive bought lots of blue got the girls excited and in the middle of the nursery. Do they get boys wrong often i wonder

Well she said there were definately 3 white lines and showed us ... Though I'm not too sure I saw them! But am worried cos she said the cord was between the legs ... Have bought pink and dresses ... Am thinking I might go have a gender scan to confirm but dunno if I can afford one

Well she said there were definately 3 white lines and showed us ... Though I'm not too sure I saw them! But am worried cos she said the cord was between the legs ... Have bought pink and dresses ... Am thinking I might go have a gender scan to confirm but dunno if I can afford one

I really cant afford 1 either but i knew how much it would annoy me throughout my pregnancy. Its 79 pounds with babybond and i think then scan photos are better than the hospital ones. It just depends on how much you really want to know! x

Yeah. But for me if I went to babybond I'd have to get a train to London so that's the train fee on top of the scan fee. There is somewhere near me I could go but it's having the money ...

Well on your first post you said you didnt mind if it was a boy a girl so maybe thats your answer, so just make sure if you buy any girly stuff to keep the labels on just in case! x

Yeah am doing that ... But have told everyone she's a girl ...!!

It was the same with me pinkneon, cord between the legs but the sonographer said she thought it might be a girl. She showed me but I couldn't really figure out what was what. But she also said that she couldn't properly tell and I can hopefully find out better at my next scan.

I had my gender scan today, and she's definitely a girl!

I was the same as you, couldn't see the white lines they pointed out at my 20 week scan, but this sonographer said there was no mistaking it, she is a girl.

I'm sure your little one is a girl too, but can totally understand how you feel.
My gender scan was £90, but it was money well spent for me, as I would have worried about it all the way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"