worried of lo choking

juliespencer9

Reaction score
Anyone else worried about giving lo finger foods because of them maybe choking?

my lo has 3 meals a day but often tries to grap what im eating but im too worried to give her a rusk or toast to suck on incase she chokes!

i fed her a rusk with milk once and abit of rusk got caught in her throat and she coughed and projectile vomited eveywhere!:cry:

what do you give your 6 month old lo's as a snack, so far as a snack im giving mashed banana:thumbup:

i was exactly the same when i started giving finger foods - i found the organic crisps really good as they disolve in the mouth so she got used to having 'lumpier' things first.

Livvy did gag on some toast once and i had to shove my finger right down to fish it out and it was a horrific experiance, i didnt give her toast for about two weeks after that!!!

but then i just had to bite the bullet cos otherwise she'll never learn!

you can buy the net thingys where you put the food inside and the chew that without choking?? asda sell em for about £2 i think xx

Just to add, now she has loads of different stuff and i'm getting more confident with her!

fruit, dry rusks, veg (cooked a little softer than normal) cucumber etc xx

God yes! I am absolutely PETRIFIED to give him any finger foods. I really don't know if he can cope with it yet though, but I suppose I really dont have to worry yet, he is only just 6 months and he gets by just fine on his purees and his milk.

Glad I am not alone though!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"