• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Worried.. Please help... Brown, dry discharge on wiping

Ragnhild

Reaction score
Hi ladies, im 12+4 today and when i wiped myself after peeing there was brown discharge on the paper.. Kind of like when my period has ended and there's just remains!? It's not bright red or even wet but im still freaking out. Called the midwife and waiting to hear back from her.

Have you BD'd recently or done any extra exercise? Don't worry, brown blood often has an innocent explanation, but definitely get checked out. They ought to do a scan to make sure everything's ok :hugs:

I went to work today after weeks and of course that means more walking etc. The midwife said if its brown and no cramps its very common and not to worry. She said only come in if it's worse or there's pain. I know i should feel relieved after talking to her but i can't stop crying...

More walking could have done it... it doesn't take much to get a bit of blood from your cervix. Have you had your 12 week scan? Xx

I was going to tell you...I keep hearing that if you see brown, that's old blood. Could be your system cleaning something out. As long as it's not red then you are good. Lots of women get brown and are perfectly fine.

Thanks so much ladies!! Its hard not to worry but Ive been reading old threads and it seems this is actually much more common than they say. Hearing your reassurances makes me feel so much better.

It's very common around that time. As it was explained to me, when the placenta takes over your hormone production, there's a weird shift in your hormone levels, which is normal, but can cause some bleeding. The placenta usually takes over around 10-12 weeks. With my first pregnancy, I was 10 weeks and in the shower and looked down and there was literally blood running down my legs. Like it was a lot of blood. Really frightening. It carried on red for about 20 minutes and then just brown for the rest of the day when I wiped and then spotting on and off for a couple days. I had an emergency scan at the EPU and all was fine. No more bleeding the rest of my pregnancy and my daughter is 4 now. It's really so common, but that doesn't mean it's not terrifying. If you otherwise feel fine, that's a good sign. Did you recently have your scan or do you have one coming up? That should hopefully provide some reassurance. Even given my experience, if it happened to me again this pregnancy, I'd still freak out. That's totally natural. I think everyone would. The good thing is that most of the time it's nothing to be concerned about.

Also, just because you see blood doesn't mean it came from your uterus. A few weeks ago, I had some itching and irritation and thought maybe I might have thrush or BV so I got one of those thrush test kits you can buy OTC. I did it, making sure not even to stick it in very far, so it didn't even get close to my cervix, just inside the vagina to collect some discharge. But in the process, I stabbed myself sort of hard on the labia on the way in. It didn't even really register at the time, but afterwards, I wiped and there was blood on the tissue, not much (nothing like with my first pregnancy), just a smear of red-brown blood. Of course, I panicked. But after a few more wipes, it was obvious it was coming from one spot and I got out my mirror and looked and I'd literally just scratched the skin on the outside and make myself bleed. Such a silly thing and I panicked, but obviously it was nothing. It stopped in like 5 minutes.

Thank you mindutopia... Sorry you had such crazy experiences but very grateful to you for sharing. I had a dating scan at 11 weeks and the next one is actually in may. They will only do another one now if my symptoms get worse so in a way i hope theres no need to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"