Worried shes not eating enough...

K

kellysays2u

My daughter is just 4 days old and never really seems to wake up to eat... Maybe I am not watching the clock right but its 3 here now and I think her last feed was at around 11 she has just been sleeping... She wont wake up I tried waking her up to feed her but she wont stay up long enough to eat... And the most she eats is 1 to 1.5 oz ever... Is this right... I both formula feed and use expressed breast milk switching back and forth.

Hey congratulations girl! I know that my daughter was a BF baby and wasn't on any strict schedule at first. She ate when she was hungry and slept a lot as well. This will change as she grows trust me she will eat more. Babies eat sleep and pooh at this stage. They aren't awake long. LOL

I wouldn't worry hun. They do sleep alot at that age and Brianna went through a couple times where I'd have to wake her to feed her. Trust me she will let you know when she's hungry. But if you're really all that worried try changing her diaper or taking off her clothes that always worked to wake up Brianna to eat. :hugs:

I figure she must be ok cause shes peeing and pooping loads just like she should... probably just me being over worried because we were going to exclusively breast feed but she wont latch on so we are now supplementing and pumping till my milk comes in more. There was one night where she wouldnt eat at all and shes lost about a half a pound or more since birth which was only 4 days ago... Hopefully we will see she hasnt lost anymore weight and i will be able to calm down some.

Yup the changing of the nappy worked for us too. Woke her up long enough for a guzzle :)

brookes the same kelly hun, i feed every 4 hours and most of the times im having to wake her up for feeds. She would just sleep for hours if i didnt. Sometimes when shes struggling when feeding ill change her nappy, give her face a wee wash and that seems to wake her up a wee bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->