Worried that my BFP may be caused my a ruptured corpus lutem cyst I had 2 weeks ago

dreadOHdreads

Reaction score
Heya.

I found out on the 18th I that I was preggo! However I had a corpus lutem cyst that had ruptured. Well, there were no tests but an US but my obgyn said it was likely one that had ruptured. That was like 2 weeks ago.

I have been testing daily since I found out and they tests have all been positive. I've been tired and have had some nausea. However reading the pregnancy tests and reading online I read that the type of cyst I had can cause false positives.

When I had the US the cyst wasn't there anymore, only evidence that I had one. Could it still cause a false positive 2 weeks after? Eventhough it had ruptured and there was no cyst anymore?

I messaged my doctor to see if I can come in for a test to see if I am indeed pregnant but I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

I don't think it would cause a false + after 2 weeks. I have had a cyst rupture and never got a false + but I have read that it can happen. I would say that you have gotten your BFP! Have the lines gotten darker or stayed light?

I don't think it would cause a false + after 2 weeks. I have had a cyst rupture and never got a false + but I have read that it can happen. I would say that you have gotten your BFP! Have the lines gotten darker or stayed light?
They've gotten darker for sure. And I FEEL pregnant, so I think this is just me being paranoid that I'm not preggo.

I think you can be pretty sure you are pregnant :) I had a corpus lutem cyst when I got pregnant with my second son and I read the same things so I called my clinic to confirm and the obgyn assured me that if I was getting positive tests then I was pregnant. I definitely think with your darkening tests you can rest assured

It sounds like you are definitely pregnant! :)

I can't remember what kind of cyst they said it was but when I was pregnant with my youngest son I had a cyst which was quite painful, up until about 17 weeks. My tests progressed as they should do from about 10dpo faint line onwards. I can't find anything on Google that says a ruptured cl cyst can cause false positives weeks later, but I have read a million times pregnant women with these cysts so it seems more likely you are genuinely pregnant rather than this being a false positive

You're preggo!
The corpus luteum cyst is common. The corpus luteum is what provides essential hormones to baby before placental takes over. So every time you ovulate a corpus luteum forms and if hcg is made it continues to develop but if not them the cl goes away and onto next ovulation cycle. The cl doesn't make hcg what is detected by the pregnancy test but rather progesterone and estrogen. So your bfp wasn't caused by the corpus luteum but rather your bfp helps the corpus luteum. So I believe you're preggo!

GOOD NEWS!

Beta blood tests came back and HCG is at 420- OBGYN says I am definitely preggo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->