Worried they will tell me to start formula top up :(

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Not quite sure why I am so convinced the HV will suggest this but I have had Isobelle weighed at BF group the last 2 weeks and she has gained 7.5oz in the 2 weeks and dropped from just above the 25th centile to just below it
Im going to get her weighed at clinic on wed and I am expecting them to advise the formula top up.
I really really dont want to do this any suggestions things to try to get the weight up so i can say to HV i am going to do this, this and this before considering formula

There is a page on increasing weight gain here:
https://kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/weight-gain_increase.html

However, her weight gain sounds fine to me. They don't have to follow the line exactly, and as long as she is meeting milestones, giving plenty of wet and dirty nappies and is happy, then it is okay for weight gain to be a little slow.

I hope you have a supportive HV.

I doubt they would tell you that. well, they wouldnt at my clinic. Sounds like a good gain, some weeks are better than others. Make sure you feed her before she goes in and tell her not to poo :rofl:

I was in a similar situation to you where Aisling dropped from just above the 50th centile line to just below. She had gained 2oz in 2 weeks and the HV told me to start giving formula for the last feed of the day. I just flat out told her I wasn't going to do it and I'd see how she was in a couple of weeks, you can't tell much from just a couple of weigh ins. When I got her weighed next I got a different HV who said her gain was absolutely fine as she was sticking in and around the right line - sounds like it's the same for you!

Just stick to your guns hon :hugs:

my clinic is extremely supportive and keep telling me to expect him to have weeks where he doesnt put on much or nothing at all. Im definately of the mind set that if theres lots of wet and dirty nappies then all is good and dont worry. If they tell you to put her on formula, id just thank them for their advice, but make your own decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->