Worried, yet another problem!

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Went to the MW yesterday and had Ruby weighed turns out shes lost weight.

She was 7lb 3oz when she was born and then went down to 6lb 10oz.

On weighing her as we were leaving the hospital she was back up to 7lb 2oz.

Yesterday she weighed 6lb 12lb.

We have been feeding her on demand which has been between 4 hrs and 4 and a half and shes taking between 3-4ozs a time. Im BF and FF.

I bought Aptimil Easy digest yeasterday as shes been having tummy trouble and have increased her feeds to every 3 hrs.
Shes taking 4ozs now.

She gets weighed again tommorrow, im really worried. :cry:

My midwife and Health visitor said most babies lose weight when they first start breastfeeding..am sure i heard correct.

Maybe ask your HV? xx

Was she due a feed or had she just had a dirty nappy? I weighed Kaya before and after a feed and the weight difference was almost 1lb!

Try not to worry hun, not easy like someone said a simple thing like a feed or having a dirty nappy makes a difference, but also it is quite unreliable until they are using the same scales each time Ruby is weighed as they are all slightly different. :hugs:

were they different scales hun as she is so small yet the slightest variation in the calibration of the scales will show up...she may weigh more if you put her back on the scales that she was weighed on at the hosp...my doctors scales are 9 oz different to my hv ones

I wouldnt worry too much hun, i think with quite a few babies weight gain/weight loss is a bit hit and miss for the first few weeks.

Im sure it'll soon even out :hugs:

Don't worry, she's still very young and their weight can fluctuate.

try not to worry too much, lucas lost weight then gained then lost it again and then started gaining again, if you are very worried speak to the HV about your concerns

Annabelle went from 7lb 9oz to 6lb 12. they monitored her but she started to gain, thing is scales are never the same so i doubt Annabelle lost that much as she gained 7oz in 2 days LOL

Lou
xxx

Try not to worry hun, it's normal for them to lose a bit of wight at first, especially BF babies as it can take a while for the milk to come in. Did you have a c-section? It took me a week for my milk to come in after my c-section, so I had to give Kathryn quite a bit of formula as she was such a hungry girl (ultimately switched to FFing, it was just easier for both of us, I tried pumping but I really wasn't producing much, even after my milk came in)

:hugs: i agree with others, try not to worry too much, it seems newborns weight fluctuates a lot, i was 'told off' for maddi putting on too much weigh in her first few weeks, but it soon evened out and shes perfect now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"