worried

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by XsarahGrace, Apr 22, 2009.

1. XsarahGrace

XsarahGrace OH, and Boo

my OH has informed he has a history of twins in his family,
    and well my nephews are twins aswell, but i don't know whether its to do with my sister in law or brother
    but now i'm worrried am i likely to have twins?
    if so how do i cope with two babies :(

i have been crying at the thought of it, i was worrying enough about one.

2. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

Aww hun, I have ow idea of what it's like to carry or raise two, it must be so scary for you!
    If you go and get a scan though they should be able to see if your carrying twins or not. Go get the scan so your not living with the worry and anticipation :hugs:

3. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I agree, ring the doc and tell him about family history of twins. He might be able to get you an earlier scan

4. lissaloo

lissaloo Well-Known Member

my friend had twins and they were hard work to begin with ,, when they got to toddler age they kept each other company and now there 3 they are so busy playing together you hardly know she has them !!

5. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

non identical twins can be genetic on the mothers side, so your OH having twins in his family shouldnt affect you! its all to do with releasing two eggs. identical twins are completely random!

there's 13 sets of twins on my mums side of the family, my mum's a twin (they're the only identical ones) it skips a generation in her family, thank god it wasnt me!! there's 3 sets of triplets too so i was well scared!!

i told mw about the chance and they wouldnt scan me early.

i wouldnt worry hun. my friend has twin boys and she's a single mum!! with your first baby, you dont know any different, so having two you just get on with it!!

6. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

My family has a history of twins every other generation. It was either going to be my sister or me (all my female cousins have already has babies) and neither of us have twins. When I had my scan the nurse told me "there is only one baby inside there" and I was relieved. I had the same worries as you. All you can really do is schedule an early scan and see if there are two little ones inside you. Best of luck hun!

7. kate.m.

kate.m. Mummy to Travis

im gonna put it in a really crude way (but it makes sense!):

If u think about it a bloke "could" make millions of babies each time he has sex! :rofl:
    So its all down to the woman! If the women in ur family have a tendency to pop out two eggs in a month, then ur more likely to have twins. But thats only the non-identical sort. The identical sort come from a random splitting of the egg- n is totally random, so doesnt run in families and u cant predict it!

I found it a bit disappointing- coz i want twins! I have 2 sets of identicals in my family, and a non identical set in hubby's family, so im not likely to have em. But u never know....

8. jelix9408

jelix9408 Mommy to Willow <3

no worries i had the same worries as you ...as far as we know theres only one baby in there .. since we only saw one .. but the doctor said if there is one it would be behind the other baby which is unlikely .. all of my boyfriends sisters were pregnant with twins either m/c one or had them. i know itll be REALLLLY hard to raise to babies at the same time but if i had to do it because i am pregnant with twins id learn as i go. no one in my family has twins so im pretty sure i wont ... but im sure you can handle whatever life throws at you hun!

9. philly_bear24

philly_bear24 Mummy to Imogen

My family has a history of twins too and this was also a huge worry for me as one baby seems difficult to handle, never mind two. However, there's most definitely only one baby in there so just because there's a history, it doesn't mean you WILL have twins.

I was talking to my mum about this and she said that you shouldn't worry about it being any harder than raising one if you are a first time mummy as you don't have anything to compare it to so you just learn to cope. However, it's harder if you have already had one child as you were used to just one.

I'm sure you will be fine whatever the outcome hun xxx.

10. xx~Lor~xx

xx~Lor~xx Young mummy of 3 <3

I had the same worry! Both me and my OH have a history of twins in the family. I think we set ourselves up for the chance that we might have twins, especially as everyone has been saying I've been looking bigger than just carrying one!!!! Turns out both my 12 week scan and 20 week scan found only one child. I think if you found out you were having twins, you would find a way to cope, most do! Just in a mothers way I guess. Remember there are always people to help you out.

xoxox

11. Jade--x

Jade--x Guest

Twins run in my family but I had a little boy (yes phew! Just the one!) but they weren't direct members of my family they were cousins and aunties so I don't think it would affect me anyway :S
    But tell you doctor or midwife anyway just so they can be on the look out and maybe get you seen earlier.
    *Hugs*